Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing Junior cert results

Options
  • 13-09-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

hey, i live in waterford and i just got my results. I am overall over the moon except for my irish which i am extremely annoyed about. Nobody in my year got an A and i am widely considered the best in my year, not being cocky or anything, and even got 97% in the mocks. I got a B in the real thing which suprised me. I was wondering how everyone else in the countr did in irish. Was it marked especially hard? I thin i will definitely appeal, and i'm not sure what i have to do to do that. Do i have to write a letter to my principal? i know it has to be done through the school and all.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You have to apply to your Principal.

Here's the SEC's information on appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

what can you do you must love school 2 get a A in irash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

I got an A in irish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

just organise a meeting with your prinicipal, he/she will sort it all out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jelly:)

If it were me I would speak to my Irish teacher about it they will probably then tell you to go to principal or secretary or someone.

Hurry though in my school anyway they want all appeals in for tomorow,

Well done for getting 97 in mocks I only got 84. . .1 away from an A but I got an A in Jc!! I found the listening harder than any I did before, maybe that brought you down?

Good luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

The tape was harder but the actual test i thought was easier than the mocks. i got a B in the mocks and was a bit annoyed with the C i got in the JC but it doesnt really matter

Advertisement