Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving the country on Jobseekers allowance...

Options
  • 13-09-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on jobseekers allowance but may have to leave the country soon. Without going into too much detail I will say my partner is living abroad and has taken ill. I could be gone for two weeks, or may be gone for six months if things don't progress. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to sign on when I return or is there a chance if I'm gone only say three weeks I don't have to sign off at all? My signing on day coincides with this time away.

Before any PDs reply, I'll just say that I'm not a long term benefit claiment nor do I plan to stay on it much longer!

Cheers all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

You are entitled to two weeks (12 days) holidays. Just pop into your Welfare Office and fill in a holiday form. Do this at least a week before you leave the country.If you don't return after that time, your claim will automatically close. There is nothing stopping you from signing on again, if you return after that time, provide you are still genuinely looking for full time work.

Advertisement