Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8GB - PC suite - cannot authenticate phone - can you help?

Options
  • 13-09-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to pair up my new Dell netbook to my N95, but am having issues. The Broadcom built in drivers will allow me to connect/pair in windows bluetooth, but when I try using PC Suite, it gives me the message "Cannot Authenticate the Nokia Device".
    Every time I try to pair up using PC suite the Windows Bluetooth pipes up saying that the N95 is trying to connect and asks for a pin, or ignore, either way pc suite won't wonnect.

In Manage Connections in pc suite there is an option to choose the bluetooth drivers you are using, either widcomm or microsoft, but I cannot choose microsoft as the driversor hardware are not installed.

Can anyone help? I'd like to be able to use the phone to connect to the internet. if there is an alternative solution to using pc suite, I'd gladly use it.

The Netbook runs XP Home SP3.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

Can you use USB cable to connect and then click connect to internet icon in pc suite?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

Can you use USB cable to connect and then click connect to internet icon in pc suite?

Hi grey squirrel,
    no, it doesn't seem to be picking up the modem in the one touch access app.
    PC Suite seems to recognise that the phone is connected,but one touch access doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

You don't have the phone going into some non pc suite mode by default when you connect usb? Say for map loading it would be in mass storage mode, for pc suite, software upgrading, connecting to internet, it should be in pc suite mode

Do you have all the latest cable connectivity drivers?

In Control Panel > phones & modem options > modems, there should be "Nokia N95 8GB USB Modem"

You don't have the phone going into some non pc suite mode by default when you connect usb? Say for map loading it would be in mass storage mode, for pc suite, software upgrading, connecting to internet, it should be in pc suite mode

Do you have all the latest cable connectivity drivers?

In Control Panel > phones & modem options > modems, there should be "Nokia N95 8GB USB Modem"

No. I have it going into PC Suite mode. I've connected with the cable to other notebooks and desktops (no bluetooth) and it works fine.
    Since the last post I have uninstalled NSeries PC Suite and installed PC Suite 7 (latest download available) and I can get it to work fine with the cable, everything works fin, including one touch access app.

I have checked and the Nokia N95 8GB USB Modem is listed in phone & modem options now

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

I had the exact same problem for a while recently.. drove me mad... Here's how I fixed it:

Get yourself a proper uninstall program (like this for e.g. My Uninstaller)

Uninstall everything Nokia program (incl. cable connectivity drivers) from your PC.

Re-install PC Suite using the DVD that came with the phone.

That fixed it for me anyway!

• Advertisement

rcs wrote: »
    I had the exact same problem for a while recently.. drove me mad... Here's how I fixed it:

Get yourself a proper uninstall program (like this for e.g. My Uninstaller)

Uninstall everything Nokia program (incl. cable connectivity drivers) from your PC.

Re-install PC Suite using the DVD that came with the phone.

That fixed it for me anyway!

Thanks. I'll try that, but uninstalled all Nokia stuff listed when I uninstalled the NSeries PC Suite, so don't hold out much hope. it seems to be due to the fact that the windows bluetooth app takes over whenever PC Suite wants to do connect to the phone. does anyone know where to download Microsoft Bluetooth drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

I tried re-installing using Windows add/remove programs but that doesn't uninstall everything from your PC.. so make sure to use a dedicated uninstall program like above....

Also make sure & use the DVD that came with the phone & do not install the latest PC Suite from the web.. I think that's what caused the problem for me in the first place when I downloaded the new PC suite i couldn't connect the phone anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Keith186

Try clicking on some of the advertising links below!

rcs wrote: »
    I tried re-installing using Windows add/remove programs but that doesn't uninstall everything from your PC.. so make sure to use a dedicated uninstall program like above....

Also make sure & use the DVD that came with the phone & do not install the latest PC Suite from the web.. I think that's what caused the problem for me in the first place when I downloaded the new PC suite i couldn't connect the phone anymore

Good to know. Thanks. I've uninstalled now using the program you recommended. I'll transfer the contents of the DVD to a share and try to install (if I can find the DVD).

Thanks again. I'll post the results.

god_dos wrote: »
    Good to know. Thanks. I've uninstalled now using the program you recommended. I'll transfer the contents of the DVD to a share and try to install (if I can find the DVD).

Thanks again. I'll post the results.

Bad news.
    Still doesn't work. Windows bluetooth keeps interfering and PC Suite cannot authenticate the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 happyheth

Hi, I have a similar problem and wanted to compare notes. I can see the nokia modem and when I use One Touch Access, it waits for 10 seconds to connect then instantly shows disconnected. No error message, nothing. It used to work and since then I've only installed a TV USB card and Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. Any similarities? It used to work great.

happyheth wrote: »
    Hi, I have a similar problem and wanted to compare notes. I can see the nokia modem and when I use One Touch Access, it waits for 10 seconds to connect then instantly shows disconnected. No error message, nothing. It used to work and since then I've only installed a TV USB card and Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. Any similarities? It used to work great.

Hi,
    No, unfortunately no similarities. I didn't get it working either. I just use the normal Windows Bluetooth now to connect to the web and don't sync the phone and netbook using Nokia PC suite at all.

Advertisement