Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Mp3 stereo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

biko wrote: »
    If you intend to buy this go to the north.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_6937.htm 99.99 euro
    http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_7148.htm 49.99 pounds

49.99 pounds = 63 euro. So by buying this in ROI you almost 40 euro extra!

Where exactly in the North would you suggest? :rolleyes:;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's quite a difference alright, seems like a good deal for 63 euro, but how about for 99? Obviously the time and fuel going up North would make it more expensive than €99.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Sorry to say but there is no Aldi branch anywhere in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Is this any good? the specs for the price are great but maybe it's crap?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ibook

Well spotted OP.

I was thinking of getting that stereo, but will not buy it now simply because of the rip off price they're forcing on ROI consumers. I'd be a lot happier spending my money at a different shop. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

eddie73 wrote: »
    Sorry to say but there is no Aldi branch anywhere in Northern Ireland.
    Really? Didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry folks I got Aldi and Lidl mixed up.
    Guess you have to go to Britain now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Sorry folks I got Aldi and Lidl mixed up.
    Guess you have to go to Britain now :)

U mean mainland Britain :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GenghisCon

I bought the previous aldi stereo and it gave me signficant trouble. Kept draining the battery. I even forked out >e300 for a new battery before the problem was identified. Be very careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

GenghisCon wrote: »
    I bought the previous aldi stereo and it gave me signficant trouble. Kept draining the battery. I even forked out >e300 for a new battery before the problem was identified. Be very careful!
    If it was draining your battery then it was most likely because it was wired incorrectly and not necessarily because it was faulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Why don't Aldi open up in the North?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GenghisCon

TM wrote: »
    If it was draining your battery then it was most likely because it was wired incorrectly and not necessarily because it was faulty.

Certainly a possibility, but I doubt it. The gent who installed it for me does it for a living and reinstalled it when the trouble first started. The problem persisted until I finally removed it. There is some precidence. Not trying to scare people of Aldi offers (I recently purchased a digital camera and am very satisfied) just remeber to keep your recepits!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

FredH3as wrote: »
    U mean mainland Britain :rolleyes:
    Afaik NI is not part of Britain.
    UK = GB + NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Afaik NI is not part of Britain.
    UK = GB + NI

Yup, thats true

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

Did anybody buy this? Is it any good?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yep, I got one, seems very good so far. I mainly got it for the aux line in for my ipod and bluetooth for the phone. Both work very well.

Sound quality is excellent on the line in, clarity is very good, and there's great separation of instruments etc. Doesn't distort at reasonably high volumes, but haven't really pushed it either.

Haven't tried the internal MP3 decoding (through USB or CD) or the CD player yet. Radio works fine, and has RDS.

I've only made one or two calls but I could hear clearly and be heard clearly. Pairing the phone with the stereo was simple and straightforward.

Installation was easy, theres an adaptor, the ISO connectors from your car go in one end, the other end goes in the stereo. I'll have to swap some of the wires around, I keep losing the station presets, but thats a common enought thing with VAG cars.

What phone do you have? I have an Aldi stereo (different, older one) in my car at the moment, and it randomly disconnects the phone from bluetooth which is quite annoying. people I call have some trouble hearing me too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's an iphone. I've noticed it does seem to disconnect sometimes when it's not in use, but does connect again if there's a call coming through. It hasn't disconnected for me during a call, yet at least, I haven't had it very long or used it very much.

Mine never disconnects during a call. It's just if it's lying idle. Can be a bit of a pain because if a call comes through, it may be disconnected at this time. Report back if the same happens with this one please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

Thanks for the replies. gonna try and pick one up at lunch time. Is it good value for 100 euro? A bit annoying the way it is cheaper in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I keep loosing my settings every time I turn off the ignition.

Mainly the beep is the one that drives me mad. I turn loudness on and switch the equaliser to rock, but its all reset after I switch off the ignition. Its driving me mad!

Anyone else experience this or know a solution?

My car is a Opel Astra Comfort. I have already lost the dash display and steering wheel controls.

Just need to swap the red and yellow wires..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I wonder will they have these back in again? Look really impressive?

There should still be some in Aldi in athlone.

The bluetooth hands free is really impressive.

Advertisement