Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Carr On the Late Late Show

Options
  • 12-09-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Im not the bigest late late show or pat kenny fan but was watching it tonight. It had me in stitches laughing esp when jimmy said to pat about the fight with his neighbours over land and the holiday giveaway ... anyone else see it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

heymayo wrote: »
    Im not the bigest late late show or pat kenny fan but was watching it tonight. It had me in stitches laughing esp when jimmy said to pat about the fight with his neighbours over land and the holiday giveaway ... anyone else see it?

seen it but missed that gag, but very funny, one question though, was jimmy reading from an autoq, couple of shots of him from behind and an autoq with txt was visable, was that for jimmy of for pat when he was back on

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah crap I missed that. :( Love Jimmy Carr.

OT - how skinny is Trinny?! The camera is meant to add 10 pounds. She must be invisible in real life. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

irish-stew wrote: »
    seen it but missed that gag, but very funny, one question though, was jimmy reading from an autoq, couple of shots of him from behind and an autoq with txt was visable, was that for jimmy of for pat when he was back on

yeah he was reading off the auto q when he was standing up but i didn't really find that part funny when he was sitting down he was hilarious..

i love jimmy carr i really enjoy him, yeah the part about the neighbour was hillarious, also when pat just went into stitches laughing down the phone at the guy who one the holiday was brilliant i had tears comin out of my eyes i was laughin so much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

The funniest moment for me was Jimmy's face when Pat mentioned an 'Austrian family' holiday. I can't believe nobody in the research dept didn't think of phrasing the prize differently as my reaction when I heard it first was the same as Jimmy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

It's rare i say it, but i really enjoyed that part of the Late Late. Hell, Kenny laughing uncontrollably made me *nearly* want to take back some of the 'plank' accusations i've levelled at him in the past. He got into the spirit of it and just rolled with the punches with the notion of

a) the 'austrian family' holiday
    b) yer man going on a skiing holiday on his own

putting the two together and then having Gambon and the other lad on holidays with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I think Pat has shaken off his wooden status...at least for one night anyway! Bloody hilarious stuff....sometimes the unscripted off-the-cuff stuff is the funniest...havent seen Kenny laugh like that since Billy Connolly had him in stitches! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Red Devil

It was bizarre, my detest for Kenny dissipated and he almost seemed human:) The fella that answered the phone did not seem like a lad that would be off skiing!

Pat Hickey interview was complete toss though, but Gambon and Carr had me in stitches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I really enjoyed it too , Didnt expect to really like Jimmy Carr , but he was quick witted with the Austrian remarks , Gambon was great too had some funny anecdotes

• Registered Users Posts: 43,788 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jimmy Carr is fantastic.. one of the most quick-witted and talented comedians working today.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

Oh my god, i was in stitches here looking at it last night. His stand up was good, but the man is just so quick, I thought his sit down interview with Pat was HILARIOUS.

"So do you make jokes about Islam?" - Pat

Jimmy "Sure I do. Why not? I mean everyone knows they can take a joke right?!"

And the ending part: (it went SOMETHING like this)

Pat "Well it was lovely to have you all on tonight"
    Jimmy " I bet it was!."
    Pat "Right next time you're on I'll say its crap to have you on!"
    Jimmy "Yeah and I'm make sure to ask you about those neighbours of yours and their land...."

HAHAHA brilliant. Pat was actually human.. you could see he was mortified but laughing at the same time.

Jimmy carr is brilliant. I must try see him live sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Saw him in the <SNIP> there on Thursday night.. cracking stuff. Though there was one heckle that absolutely stole the show! Raging I missed him on the Late Late now.

MOD EDIT: Rob, please don't mention any MCD venues or events in the future!

Any further mention will result in a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Jimmy Carr is brilliant. Extremely quick wit.

My only gripe is that the same faces keep coming on the show year in year out.

I dare say Kerry Katona is due another visit to Pat's sofa soon. Please Rte don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,464 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Missed it too...

Ah well, thank god for repeats.

Set the Sky+ for 11:40, RTE1, on Monday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

the funniest guy on the show was the winner of the cometition...he reminded me on Anne on the Radio Roy gift Grub sketches...

I thought jimmy car looked like he was on something! his neighbour jibe was pricless though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LCM

funniest late late show i have ever seen...was on the ground in tears laughing and my brother had to run out of the room! quality live tv and completely off the cuff! finally got to see a human side to the plank!
    when on the phone to yer man about the austrian holiday:

"how many in the family?"
    "just meself."

hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

dont usally watch it, only turned it on for jimmy carr, was almost cringing during the trinny and suzanne interview, very funny ending to it, between gambon and jimmy and ur one on the phone, laughed so hard missed the 'neighbours' quip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

basquille wrote: »
    Jimmy Carr is fantastic.. one of the most quick-witted and talented comedians working today.

who is still doing ten year old routines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

They should have another quiz next week to find him a family to go with. It was class!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

who is still doing ten year routines
    No, they only last a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

humanji wrote: »
    No, they only last a few minutes.

boom boom

Thank you folks! He's here all week! (Try the veal!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

as i watched it i too thought pat seemed human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can see the show on rte.ie also if you missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I thought it was feckin hilarious too. I thought Pat was gonna fall off his chair at one stage. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,158 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Saw the repeat last night and was in stitches. Never a big fan of Carr's stand up routine, but he actually seems like a intelligent guy with a quick wit.

Perfect improvised, unplanned comedy though for the last two or three minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TvWatcher

if you missed it

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/

scroll down to last item

god it's funny. a family skiing holiday ... for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Saw it last night and it was wonderful television. It was very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Just watched it there.

The poor fella who won the family holiday. Talk about rippin the piss out of his being on his own.

Funny stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I'd prefer listening to Pat Kenny telling jokes, Jimmy Carr sucks balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Saw it last night and it was wonderful television. It was very funny.

it was - it was genuinely laugh out loud unscripted accidental humour. Even recounting this to people, i couldn't convey it, and yet you watch it and the mirth shines through. Like i said, i kinda liked Pat for a while after that.

I reckon, (and i could be awfully wrong here) that this few minutes will be Pats equivalent of Gaybo asking Mike Murphy (dressed as a frenchman) if he 'understood the phrase "F*ck off"'

Advertisement