Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you tell you hubby the good news?

Options
  • 12-09-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

I had done one test to prove a psychic wrong who had told me I was 4 days pregnant. It was negative and I had told the whole story to hubby who was very amused and a little disappointed that we werent expecting. I was due to have a few glasses of wine with a pizza and dvd with a friend who had 5 and was convinced that I was definitely pregnant; so she warned me that unless I did another test she wasnt coming round. It was a sunday morning about 8.30am and I nearly fell off the toilet in shock! Hubby who works nights was downstairs in the kitchen making his breakfast of noodles (I know dont go there!) before going to bed. I stood leaning on the doorway in my little nighty with the test under the hip of my knickers. He didnt notice. Then he says, "mornin lover, I'm havin noodles". So the big romantic way I tell him was to reply by saying...... "that's not all your havin...." and he goes "huh?" So I had to repeat, "Noodles aren't all your having..." while wildly gesticulating my hip that had the test on it belly dancer style. He started jumping up and down and couldn't eat his noodles he got so excited.

So how did ye all tell your hubbies and hubbies how do ye remember being told?:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

i was just shown the test - a bit of a shock tactic but nothing as nice as your story.

REmember thinking how are we going to afford..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I told my other half when he commented on my breasts getting bigger and i said why do they get bigger[hes a bit slow]and then the penny dropped.He was delighted when he finally got over the shock.He didnt cop on any other way[dirty git lol]:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭deisemum

It was my due date and I suspected that I may be pregnant as we'd just started trying for a baby that month. We waited in the kitchen watching the clock then when time was up we went into the bathroom and stood looking at the test, there was a faint silvery blue line so figured I must have been pregnant, we repeated the test the following day and it was blue.

Hubby was so excited, hugging me and lifting me up. I was excited and scared at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

It was my due date too but I never suspected I was pregnant as we had only started trying ( and halfheartedly as I wanted to go sailing and stuff this summer). Thought I'd better take a test as I was planning a weekend of smoking , drinking fun ( The good old days). Anyhoo I was stunned, I phoned him at work, he was stunned, Its 4 months later and we're both still stunned :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I would put all theses guys on Maury with the good old lie detector test.

I also believe there are fairies in the bottom of the garden:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Great stories....

I am afraid I have no better ones than simply showing him the wee blue line ..but he and I would have know it was well time to do a test (having waiting and paniced and on one of them deliberly worn white jeans to try to provoke something into happening!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Aaah! White jeans! Remember them!!
    If it hadnt been for the friends plans I wouldnt have found out till much later because I have stage 3 Endometriosis and was in a "lets not get our hopes up" kinda place, having been told it could take us up to three years!! Molly happened on our first night in our new house and our second month trying! I wasn't terribly driven about it because I was in house-move mode. I spent my time sanding my bedroom floors myself - finding out I was pregnant put a stop to all decoration and now that she's five months I have to reacquaint myself with the paint brushes and spaghetti-proof the kitchen before she starts weaning onto solids!
    CD I dont understand, who you annoyed with? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Hubby likes to be involved at the testing phase ;) We watched the clock and checked the test together. I actually tested before my period was due this time. It was our first month trying, and I had quite a bad chest so I was heading to the doctor that morning and didn't want to be put on any medication that might theoretically hurt the bump. Besides, I had a 'feeling' :) Hubby was still very sleepy, but cautiously delighted. He doesn't tend to believe these things til confirmed by the doctor :)

Advertisement