Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location Location Location

Options
  • 12-09-2008 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Just wanted to get some input from you all.

Where would you like to see a indoor Airsoft site.

South Dublin
    North Dublin

beside the M1/M50

I take it most of you would be driving so as long as its beside/close to a major road you would be happy?

Also how fair is to fair for you to travel.

On that note where are most of you coming from.

The more feedback the better

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

this was done ..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Thanks for the reply dave.
    I have done a search, But have not found the info i need. The more up todate info i can get will make this go faster.

Without saying to much at this early stage, I am going to look at a few locations this week. All are around north Co.Dublin. From 5-15 mins from the M50/M1. I just want to find the best location for a site.

Again thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

ya could put one in the midlands ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

or a bit further south maybe.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

we need a southside site pretty bad , 3 sites northside is cool but would love to see a site southside and maybe kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Gatling wrote: »
    we need a southside site pretty bad , 3 sites northside is cool but would love to see a site southside and maybe kildare

I was thinking of a bit further south Gatling........like Tipperary!!! yes, I know, its a long way.................:)

haha screw that you got enough bring it to longford hahaha only joking not into indoor sites good luck anyway tho

I have giving some thought to that Gatling. But i feel a site just beside the main transport routs in and out of Dublin would be a good location.

But who knows. If the interest is there for a southside site then maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

iceage wrote: »
    I was thinking of a bit further south Gatling........like Tipperary!!! yes, I know, its a long way.................:)

Waterford would be good. When I was in the IT there the bus trip through Ballybeg always reminded me of Kosovo. Would be a nice site for urban combat, oh wait it already is! :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

easy access via public transport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

close to public transport ,now theres an idea :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Weyhey, another indoor.,
    Dont forget an invite to yore buddies in eirsoft derek, we know ya since ya were a nipper and all., haha :p

Anywhere city centre would be deadly, or coolock and surrounding areas., Fibua in summerhill perhaps? :D

vtec wrote: »
    Weyhey, another indoor.,
    Dont forget an invite to yore buddies in eirsoft derek, we know ya since ya were a nipper and all., haha :p

Anywhere city centre would be deadly, or coolock and surrounding areas., Fibua in summerhill perhaps? :D

More the better mate. It will push the standards. At the end of the day i just want a Airsoft community like in the US.

I think we are past the pallets etc. I just think the community should have what they pay for. Enough of the sites where nothing is done. site owners take in the cash but dont put it back in to the sites

Well i can tell you know. From the time we open to the time we close the site will always be looked after, improved and offer not just a place to play Airsoft. But give you a experiance you wont forget in a hurry!

I have already said to much. let me lock down the location first.

Thanks for the support BTW mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Killinator

cough...Limerick...cough:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Southside! Grahms right, there are no southside sites. Comon, you'll have no competition! Do it, DO IT NOW!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Killinator wrote: »
    cough...Limerick...cough:D

Yeah, I used to live there and the place is screaming for one. I nearly started one myself about a year ago. Was back down that direction today, the building I picked out is still available...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

i would love a sight in kildare prefarably north kildare seen as they got all the swimming pools and cinemas down in south kildare
    and there is lots of great land all around kildare lots of woodland and feilds
    sorry for being of topic but i just thaught id throw in my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I think you will have to wait and see where the other indoor site is been opened, we know its south or south east, but the exact location hasnt been revealed yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Erm there is already an indoor site on teh Northside - The Warehouse
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055372844

"We are two minutes from the M1 and the M50, there are like 5 major bus routes."

Looks like they beat ya to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

There is no need for making comments like that about site operators in this country, so play nice.
    Be thankful I'm not locking this thread by the way, the charter specifically outlines you must check with a mod before posting commercial threads.

And my 2 cents.... The warehouse site is supposed to be opening soon near the m50/m1 so you'd be better going southside.
    Blazher wrote: »
    More the better mate. It will push the standards. At the end of the day i just want a Airsoft community like in the US.

I think we are past the pallets etc. I just think the community should have what they pay for. Enough of the sites where nothing is done. site owners take in the cash but dont put it back in to the sites

Well i can tell you know. From the time we open to the time we close the site will always be looked after, improved and offer not just a place to play Airsoft. But give you a experiance you wont forget in a hurry!

I have already said to much. let me lock down the location first.

Thanks for the support BTW mate

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote: »
    There is no need for making comments like that about site operators in this country, so play nice.
    Be thankful I'm not locking this thread by the way, the charter specifically outlines you must check with a mod before posting commercial threads.

And my 2 cents.... The warehouse site is supposed to be opening soon near the m50/m1 so you'd be better going southside.

Kdouglas but im just saying how it is. The major of sites i have played on dont do anything to improve them. I am not saying every site. And i know you agree with me. But maybe i could have put it another way.

Sorry about posting without checking with a mod, But this thread just started as a place to find some feedback before i take the next step.

As for "The warehouse" I wish them the best of luck.

X-mas is coming early for the players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

A nice indood site in Kildare. And I already have the perfect name for it. PM me and we can work out payment for my name idea:D

Thanks for all the feedback lads. I will keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

As others have said with the warehouse opening on the northside, i think it would be best for all, players and yourself if you set up on the southside, it makes sense, it's convenient for players on that side of the city, plus you wont be in as direct competition with the warehouse.

Just my 2 cents

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    As others have said with the warehouse opening on the northside, i think it would be best for all, players and yourself if you set up on the southside, it makes sense, it's convenient for players on that side of the city, plus you wont be in as direct competition with the warehouse.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the input. Direct competition is good and its one of the main reasons im opening on the north side.. But i cant say anymore till i sort some stuff out mid week. I will keep you all up today

PS:: I am not saying anything bad about the lads as i said above i wish them the best of luck.

Kdouglas but im just saying how it is. The major of sites i have played on dont do anything to improve them. I am not saying every site. And i know you agree with me. But maybe i could have put it another way.

Sorry about posting without checking with a mod, But this thread just started as a place to find some feedback before i take the next step.

As for "The warehouse" I wish them the best of luck.

X-mas is coming early for the players

i think your well getting off on the wrong foot here man if your going to start knocking site at least leave you surrounding area Dublin im guessing and try the sites around ireland im sure the other site owners eg the maxforces ,major sims ,horgan p ,paul in hrta and bren are not to happy to hear you saying that they are not putting anything back into there sites you do realise airsoft is at the moment not massively profitable and the money needed to service rentals pay for insurence fairly high.i cant speak for the site owners but even i am offended that you would say these things about our site owners who have given us so much since airsoft in ireland began not so long ago maybe keep your oppinions to youself instead of broadcasting them on the net for the world to see

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Southside, anything south-side. I know land rental is much higher(framed by the Dublin Mountains, but there should be some decent woodland close to Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Thanks for the input. Direct competition is good and its one of the main reasons im opening on the north side.. But i cant say anymore till i sort some stuff out mid week. I will keep you all up today

PS:: I am not saying anything bad about the lads as i said above i wish them the best of luck.

Do you actually think there is enough airsofters to support HRTA, The Warehouse and The Orchard plus your site on this side of the city?

Do your research before you tie your self into a pricey lease agreement;)
    Unless you have loads of money:D:D Then go for it:)

Bren

Advertisement