Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

:eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

ECMWF thinks it will be the scandi high

ecmpanel1.gif

I'm hoping that they are right as the GFS seems to have quite an amount of rain for us on Sun/Mon/Tue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Looks like Met Eireann is going for the scandi high option from the 9:30 forecast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any high will do right now!

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

If you want a sunny high look east to scandi, if you like dreary muck look to the Azores high or keeping with Mike's sentiments, who care's where it's from at this stage. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hmm, won't the AH suck down a PL like it does in winter when we get the Deep easterlies (not you :p). Every positive reaction...and all that:confused:. When ever we get a good spell it's usually replaced 3 fold by something nasty. I don't want to jinx it just yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hal1 wrote: »
    Hmm, won't the AH suck down a PL like it does in winter when we get the Deep easterlies (not you :p). Every positive reaction...and all that:confused:. When ever we get a good spell it's usually replaced 3 fold by something nasty. I don't want to jinx it just yet :D

sure after a week or two of fine weather you'll all be crying out for some dramatic weather. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

sure after a week or two of fine weather you'll all be crying out for some dramatic weather. :)

I think I could manage a month before I go cold turkey.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Met.ie are going for rain, rain, rain. :rolleyes:

The goodness won't reach us until Thursday/Friday I'd say.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    The goodness won't reach us until Thursday/Friday I'd say.

Mike.
    I don't know about that.
    This summer has been so bad I don't expect any improvement at this stage...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We havent had a summer since 2006:(
    I said to myself back in June this year that this summer could only be better than summer 2007 then look how this years turned out.
    Im already planning 2 trips to Spain next summer to get some hot sun once again! Sick of this crappy weather were getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Looks like the west will mostly clear up after today behind the frontal system while in the east the rain will arrive today and hang around until the middle of the week in some form or other as the front stays near the Irish sea blocked by the Scandi high from progressing further east until it peters out. Meanwhile England will be good all week on the other side of the front basking under the Scandi high.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭arctictree

Looks like some really interesting long term charts on the way, esp ECMWF.

So at what time of year does the easterly turn cold? Mid October? I'd say a few weeks of easterlies now would be welcome...

A

We should see mid-high teens, but its dry and sun I want frankly.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's cool enough in Russia, Poland and Germany at the moment where the air will be coming from off that high - low teens or less!

Don't mind the coolness, it can be freezing for all I care so long as it's fine and sunny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Finally...

barnicles wrote: »
    Finally...

What?
    It's still raining here... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

BigCon wrote: »
    What?
    It's still raining here... :rolleyes:

Tis lovely here:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Tis an it's h0le:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Weather is picking up here in Limerick, ROLL ON THE WEEKEND!

Beautiful sky this morning, looking good for the weekend...

satgs7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

What a fantastic September day (mon) here in the SW , pic @ 2pm , 17c with light breeze , lovely ,even better have a few days booked off work, had lunch outdoors in afternoon , a very large slice of humble pie ...........:D ,almost the perfect day.22sept08vw5.jpg
    w320.png

Advertisement