Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jamma board

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭darth conway

235 one of these on adverts if your interested just posted it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Saw it alright. Thats what got me interested. I just need to know will it work in my cab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

but to be honest that is just exactly the same as having a mame cab, where is the fun in that.

any jamma cabinet, unlike the 1069 one it doesnt need an another power supply

any jamma cabinet, unlike the 1069 one it doesnt need an another power supply

So are you saying it will work on my cab.?? Is it easy to get working?

• Advertisement

yours seems to be a mame cab is it? you have the jamma loom so it should plug straight in , end of

At the moment i have it hooked up to my pc. So this should make life a lt easier. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 34,690 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

appleidog wrote: »
    but to be honest that is just exactly the same as having a mame cab, where is the fun in that.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm still trying to figure out if I want one or not.I don't think they're as bad as MAME, as it's running on arcade hardware. But I really like the idea of collecting games too. Which wouldn't happen if I got one of these.

:confused:

To be honest 80% of the fun is hunting down arcade games, trying to find bargins and making knowlege of your machine with Arcade Distrubutors, because they are the source of everything. In london i used to know these arcade Distrubtors and they cut me out on some amazing deals, like 12 euro for blazing star, kof 96, metal slugs ect i also got like alot freebies from them they were only small but i was there main business so they sorted me out proper.
    I mean getting mame is like telling your freind to go on holiday instead of you. it just doesn't make any sense

I think Mame is an insult to the arcade hobbiest like these, And the thing is at least with collecting you can jazz stuff up proper with artwork and so fourth.

Master of the Universe

Blazing Star for 12 euro? :eek: That amazing. Would love a copy but really don't know if I can justify the current ebay prices. They're a bit mad.

Although some games are reasonably enough priced. As you were saying, the Samurai Showdown games (Which I think I'm going to order next)

Currently waiting on a copy of The Last Blade to arrive. €25. Not too bad at all. As it's such a great game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

It should work fine as your looms looks JAMMA standard.
    If you get it and it doesnt, give me a PM/Email

What FE are you currently using on yer PC?
    Hyperspin is amazing and is currently only in beta
    check it out here
    my usernames cathaldub
    www.hyperspin-fe.com

see the demo here
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=lEgaqXsavYA

@appleidog & o1s1n
    Running mame in a cabinet is fun too, especially if your still using your original arcade monitor/etc and you mainly just wanna play games, If I didnt live in an apartment i'd have a tonne of machines running their original boards.
    I've a pc in my cab running hyperspinFE with an arcadeVGA card and also have the following boards too
    Ghosts N Goblins
    World rally championships(not currently emulated and saveage car game)
    Robocop

but the thing with mame is there is no hunting involved for the title, and you dont interact with nobody, just bam download the game.

but I see arcades alot like collecting Vinyl, as you hunt for the item. have them as a nice collection and when you want to play them take them out of there antistatics bags and away you go,.

I will continue to collect boards too as I've kept the jamma connections and still do use the original boards, but I think mame is good, especially for rare games which are extremely hard to get.

cynos wrote: »
    It should work fine as your looms looks JAMMA standard.
    If you get it and it doesnt, give me a PM/Email

What FE are you currently using on yer PC?
    Hyperspin is amazing and is currently only in beta
    check it out here
    my usernames cathaldub
    www.hyperspin-fe.com

see the demo here
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=lEgaqXsavYA

@appleidog & o1s1n
    Running mame in a cabinet is fun too, especially if your still using your original arcade monitor/etc and you mainly just wanna play games, If I didnt live in an apartment i'd have a tonne of machines running their original boards.
    I've a pc in my cab running hyperspinFE with an arcadeVGA card and also have the following boards too
    Ghosts N Goblins
    World rally championships(not currently emulated and saveage car game)
    Robocop

cheers man

but mame is also stealing, and i never did understand that oh its hard to get term to stealing games.

Master of the Universe

If you're to buy an old arcade game now, it's going to come from a private collection. The original manufacturer won't be getting any money out of this. Same way they won't get any money from you downloading ROMs.

The only way they're going to make money out of you enjoying a game is if you purchase it's release on a current generation console. (Say Metal Slug Anthology for example)

Therefore actually purchasing 'retro' games is no better than downloading ROMs for the likes of MAME. You're getting a game and the manufacturer are getting nothing. That's how I'd see it anyway.

Agree completly with ya,
    All the money for them games has already been paid to the manufacturers long ago, Its a different thing emulating games that are currently still on sale

Advertisement