Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 17a - A Disgrace!!

Options
  • 12-09-2008 5:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I was travelling from Santry to finglas yesterday afternoon(6pm ish)and i noticed absolutely LOADS of people waiting at the various 17a bus stops all along the route,in the howtth junction direction.
    When i got to Finglas,the reason became clear why there were so many people waiting.There were THREE 17A's at the finglas terminus.THREE.
    I had to pull in to get a picture and by that time one of them pulled away,leaving two more ready to follow.
    This service is a ****ing disgrace,i've long suspected that the drivers travel in convoys for some reason but this is the proof of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

ah **** me them 17A's are now standing on their face.....

always been the same, prob never change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Been the same from 16 years ago when I used to get it from the Finglas terminus to go work in D.C.U. which was why I started cycling. Just too unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

The 17a, in contention for the roughest bus in the Citaay award.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

There was 3 buses at the finglas terminal this morning too at 9am, pretty stupid alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,176 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Anyone contact Dublin Bus for an explanation...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

Ah yes, used to use that route for college in DCU...the 'Peasanteen A', we used to call it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ah yis still can't beat the 78a for the rough factor!

it is a disgrace OP, the drivers just seem to come and go when they feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Regular 17 is equally as bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

ring Dublin bus and complain. you have to complain about things to get things done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

phasers wrote: »
    ah yis still can't beat the 78a for the rough factor!

QFT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Moved to C & T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Meh. I get it to football training in Finglas every Tuesday and Thursday.

Always on time for me:confused:

Advertisement