Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

project in cryptography

Options
  • 12-09-2008 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi everyone....
    im an electronics engineer in my final year. i need an electronics project related to cryptography.... i dont need the exact project....just wat is to be done.... thanks for all the help:)

if i get the whole project it wel be very good.:P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

what hardware would you program, what language?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

i need an electronics project related to cryptography.... i dont need the exact project....just wat is to be done.... thanks for all the help:)

Sorry your post is not very clear.

Are you looking for idea's for a cryptography project?

Or are you going to be assigned a cryptography project?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 connexion77

actually i got a project in mind. wat i wanna do now is i wanna interface 3 microcontrollers to each other. i then wanna send data between them. for instance i wanna send data "AA"from 1 to 3. i will encrypt it using a simple caesar cypher. so it will become "DD". "DD" will now go to 2 as well as to 3. i got 3 switches interfaced to both 1 2 and 3. now if the value of the switches in 1 is on on off. the value of switches in 2 is off on on. the value of switches in 3 is same as 1 i.e on on off. when i send the message from 1 to 2 and 3. the data in 3 should be "AA"after decrypting it since the value of swithces in 1 and 3 is same. in 2 it should be "DD"since the value of switches is not same.................how do i go on doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

how do i go on doing it.

That's the point of your project :) you have to figure out how to do something, and then write a report on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

hi everyone....
    im an electronics engineer in my final year. i need an electronics project related to cryptography.... i dont need the exact project....just wat is to be done.... thanks for all the help:)

if i get the whole project it wel be very good.:P

Instead of messing around with soldering irons, PCBs and microcontrollers, why don't you just get yourself an FPGA and use soft processors instead?

Very nice & cheap FPGA boards:

http://digilentinc.com/

I'm sure your university/IT has Xilinx ISE. If not, use Xilinx's WebPack.

If you must use micro-controllers, I'd recommend Atmel AVR architecture. Nice boards available from:

http://www.futurlec.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement