Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing from car to landcruiser SWB COMM

Options
  • 12-09-2008 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

currently driving a 2L petrol auto car, getting round 620km for 60 euro.
    between 30-45mpg......

im considering changing to a 2008 swb landcruiser commercial,
    what are they like on fuel?

does anyone here have a 2008 model that can give real world experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Zebra

Hi,

I have a 2007 SWB landcruiser. it's doing about 800Km - 850Km per tank costing on average €100 to fill. never really worked it out but i all fill from empyt to full and allways get 800Km minium.

Jamie.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

around 30mpg is do-able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

colm_mcm wrote: »
    around 30mpg is do-able.

are commercial landcruisers setting at all these days, i mean new ones,
    i have seen some 2008 commercial models on carzone ranging from 28000 -> 32000...

whats the story there?

i rekon i would be screwed in a trade in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DougieH

In relation to your previous posts regarding mpg of landcruisers I have a '07 SWB and get ~30 mpg.

I had a post up on the forum earlier in the year about trading the landcruiser for a car as the cost of running it were getting a bit expensive, the time when the diesel was around 145 c/lit. The trade in value of the jeep was really bad I was getting about €24,000, the sales man said that jeeps are not selling at the moment and some garages won't even take them as trade ins. I heard of a '06 SWB Cruiser sold for €19,000 straight. Its a good time to buy a jeep but not to sell or trade one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

I drive a 99 landcruiser. 18mpg is all I'm getting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

i have a 2000 landcrusier id get about 28mpg the new crusiers are quite expencive . ive driven most 4x4s and the crusier is one of the best by far if you need off road or even just a solid commerical .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mcflowers

jeez 18mpg...something needs to be seen to there!!! getting between 25-30mpg with 2006 model,closer to the 30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

how does 12 - 14 L/100KM stack up in MPG thats wht my 4.2L SWB cruiser is gettin?

mcflowers wrote: »
    jeez 18mpg...something needs to be seen to there!!! getting between 25-30mpg with 2006 model,closer to the 30
    well i do a lot of pulling with it, and in fairness when i'm driving without a load, i drive the stones out of it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Zebra wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a 2007 SWB landcruiser. it's doing about 800Km - 850Km per tank costing on average €100 to fill. never really worked it out but i all fill from empyt to full and allways get 800Km minium.

Jamie.

I have a 06 LC LWB. It's a manual. I get around 600-750km MAX out of a full tank and I fill it to the neck! In fairness, I have a slightly heavy right foot at times. The difference for me between city and motorway driving was 150kms less per tank in the city!

It has very comfortable seats and is great for long journeys. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

just a question...can you get the LC chipped or tuned to get better mpg just like people do with road cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

bonzos wrote: »
    just a question...can you get the LC chipped or tuned to get better mpg just like people do with road cars

Check out:
    http://www.chippedire.com/vms_view.php

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Slig wrote: »

has anyone had a LC chipped ?reason a lot of people dont buy 4x4's is because of the low mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

bonzos wrote: »
    has anyone had a LC chipped ?reason a lot of people dont buy 4x4's is because of the low mpg

In fairness any proper 4x4 will have a few essential features that inevitably contribute to bad fuel economy.

1. They are heavy
    2. They have big engines
    3. They are tuned for maximum power not economy
    4. The tyres are designed for maximum traction which causes more drag

Without the above they couldnt be considered real 4x4s, they need to do what they say on the tin. Even the likes of the Jimny, vitara and pajero junior (older ones that came out before SUVs were common) while they had smaller engines and narrow tyres were still expensive to run.

There are 4x4s coming out now that cater for people that just want the high driving position, rugged look (not really though) and the illusion of interior space provided by high ground clearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

I drive a 99 landcruiser. 18mpg is all I'm getting

there's something wrong with that one... unless it's an auto or if you're drivin the ass out of it. shoul be doing late 20s anyway going by the sweet running one outside the window here

there's something wrong with that one... unless it's an auto or if you're drivin the ass out of it. shoul be doing late 20s anyway going by the sweet running one outside the window here

Ah in fairness I do drive the bejaysus out of it. It's manual. And its a 99, 160k miles

Advertisement