Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Local TV station for Cork & Munster called Channel South

Options
  • 12-09-2008 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

We are launching the next local TV station in Ireland, in Munster. Launch date is set for November 4th.

We aim to broadcast magazine style programmes on all the mainstream subjects, from the Property Show, Restaurant guide show, Motoring, Local Sports, Home Interiors, Fashion programmes etc

We will also offer the best advertising rates in the Munster region, cheaper than the local press and radio.

Local TV with local rates for advertising,with the added advantage of having your company in a visual format on the most powerful medium, that is television. Start thinking out of the box, try local TV.

There will also be opportunities for companies to get involved in our TV programmes, by way of interview. All footage is given to our clients free of charge to use for their own marketing uses.

For all commercial opportunities, please email Ray Grafton rgrafton@city.ie

For all questions in regards to programmes etc please see our website www.city.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

What platforms is it going to be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Grafton St

It will be on the NTL/Chorus digital & analogue platform only. Channel 107 on digital, beside BBC1 channel 108.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
    Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Not a channel for Munster then if it is limited to one provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

No way that I would go back to Chorus, not even for a local channel. I wonder what the Sky/Chorus ratio is for Munster.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

As I understand it, this is essentially City Channel Munster. Why the different brand though?

• Advertisement

I won't be watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Why not sky? Also, i can't imagine a single person choosing to get chorus for that...

Are local channels any good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Grafton St wrote: »
    We aim to broadcast magazine style programmes on all the mainstream subjects,
    www.city.ie

Class, there are not enough shows aimed at that target market!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dulpit wrote: »
    Why not sky? Also, i can't imagine a single person choosing to get chorus for that...

Are local channels any good??
    It will be like the chorus local channel that used to take over the Discovery channel on MMDS. Every Thursday from 8pm to 11pm, coverage of local GAA matches from a different province like Mullinahone vs Thurles with cringe worthy local commentators. At the same time I couldn't watch Shark Week on Discovery. :mad:

It was one of the main reasons I got rid of Chorus in the first place. :mad:

Is it going to be on chorus analogue in cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It will be like the chorus local channel that used to take over the Discovery channel on MMDS. Every Thursday from 8pm to 11pm, coverage of local GAA matches from a different province like Mullinahone vs Thurles with cringe worthy local commentators. At the same time I couldn't watch Shark Week on Discovery. :mad:

+1

I'm getting flashbacks now, thinking how bad it all was. Chorus was hell on earth!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Bond-007 wrote: »

City Channel (for this is essentially it, under a different guise) isn't quite that bad, and certainly shouldn't be compared with Chorus Sports Channel (or for us in Dublin, the old Link Channel). For one thing, it broadcasts 24/7 with actual programming (ie not just a PowerPoint presentation with the occassional inserted show) and has quite good production values.

At the same time, most of its programming is essentially advertorial - promoting someone or something going on. There's some useful stuff on it but nothing you'd watch for an extended period.

Advertisement