Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike Fishing Carlow

Options
  • 12-09-2008 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am thinking of taking up a bit of pike fishing and was wondering if anyone knew if there are any good spots between Leighlinbridge and Graignamanagh. Any help with fishing methods would be welcome also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I don't know where is good for fishing in carlow but for methods I'd imagine here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62
    would be a good place to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

PIKE FISHING The Barrow offers some of the best pike fishing in Ireland with plenty of specimen fish of 20lb plus caught annually. Spinning a flying C is a great way to explore the river, or if you find a likely looking spot, a leisurely day with dead bait on a float rig will bring its rewards
    "Bagenalstown Community Website"

There really are some lovely spots in Bagenalstown and just outside it on the river barrow where pike fishing truly is on offer.I've heard stories of locals catching up to 15 pound catches.Never heard of bigger than that though although i wouldnt rule it out as the leighlinbridge to Bagenalstown and further on to Grauignamanagh passage of the river barrow is famous for its stocks of Salmon, Trout, Bream, and Pikes.

Hope that helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

is there any fishing clubs in the area?

Advertisement