Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITV HD

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

can I get it on a Sky Box ?

if not, what do i need ?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Not available on Sky box

For convenience, a Freesat HD box is needed.

It can be added onto many standard HD receivers too, though can be awkward, and with little gain.

Nothing on it until Saturday, where the one and only HD programme will be the film Shakespear in Love. Then just Poirot on Sunday.

byte

Not available on Sky box

For convenience, a Freesat HD box is needed.

It can be added onto many standard HD receivers too, though can be awkward, and with little gain.

Nothing on it until Saturday, where the one and only HD programme will be the film Shakespear in Love. Then just Poirot on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Yes Freesat Box - Humax Foxsat HD

Not a lot on ITV HD at moment, when program is transmitted in HD they put icon up in right hand corner of screen...hit the red button. Thet had King Kong on last Saturday night in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

HD doesnt really seem to have taken off yet? BBC seem to be making an effort and im not aware of the programming content from channel 4.
    Im humming and harring about going up the HD road, but possibly still wise to wait for more FTA HD programming.

Are Setanta looking into starting up HD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

What will be the story when the freesat pvrs are launched (before Christmas)? How will you be able to schedule an ITV HD recording? I'm not sure that the software is able to record the HD stream as accessed through the red button. Maybe the exclusivity of ITV HD will end at that time and Sky viewers will be able to see the (sometimes) daily ITV HD programme too ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Is ITV HD still not on Astra 2D? Is that why they make it hard to get it? Rights reasons?

byte

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Is ITV HD still not on Astra 2D? Is that why they make it hard to get it? Rights reasons?
    No it's not on 2D, doubt if there's much space available on 2D for HD channels.

Indeed, I've read rumours that the reason it's Red-button, is for the rights reasons you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The Mvision combo dtt/sat Hd box also works for ITV HD

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

byte

Tony wrote: »
    The Mvision combo dtt/sat Hd box also works for ITV HD
    Yeah, as does the Technomate Tm6xxx series, Clarketech 5000, Octagon SF918 (and presumably Sab equivalent as both use same chassis), Darkbox HD, and I'd imagine Dreambox DM800 does too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Mossy Monk wrote: »

It just there isn't enough ITV HD to make a channel, which is why it's via red button on Freesat.

I'd say it's more of a concern when there is a decent amount to watch on it :)

No doubt there will be a shuffle of channels before long as there is a significant amount of encrypted channels on 2D.

If they can clear a whole transponder on 2D they could use DVBS2 and save another 30% toward HD.

Advertisement