Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heard of this fantastic old learn german tape?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Als ich eine kleine Junge war .... and all that... forgive the errors, espeically the gender ones, I'm terrible at those!

I used to be quite competent in German, when I was young. But now I am old (-ish)

Anyway, when I was young (as I have mentioned), I got a fantastic tape from a local Dublin library which provided German dialogues. I thought I could describe it here and see if anybody knows more details about it. It was published by Klett ... so that doesn't narrow it down much - so I've have to indulge with some of the content.

What was great about it was that the dialogues were quite interesting .. this is amazing. Most language tapes have dialgues with no stor line whatsoever. This one had really believeable stories.

One was the monologue of a drunk - "Schau dich der Mond" - he would cry, as he seemed to stumble along the street .. and then talk some phrases to himself. They were quite lucid, and certainly not mumbled.

Another one was a mother and her kid (a boy) who keeps asking his mother for the reasons for various things, until she sort of start getting fed up (the questions are actually difficult to answer), and she finally blurts "weil Du ein bose Junge bist!".

I can't think of the others. Overall you forgot you were learning a language and were trying to work out the cleverness of the story. However, I would say it's especially satisfied to "get" storiues like that if you're learning. I would say a proficient German speaker would probably find them quite lame. Unless they were teachers of German.

I don't expect anybody here might have heard of this tape, with so few of the details that I give. I have tried on google and Klett's site but without harder details, it's impossible. It requires that I ask somebody who also listened and kept better records.

Thanks for your attention. Gruss Gott!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

stabu wrote: »
    Als ich eine kleine Junge war .... and all that... forgive the errors, espeically the gender ones, I'm terrible at those!

I used to be quite competent in German, when I was young. But now I am old (-ish)

Anyway, when I was young (as I have mentioned), I got a fantastic tape from a local Dublin library which provided German dialogues. I thought I could describe it here and see if anybody knows more details about it. It was published by Klett ... so that doesn't narrow it down much - so I've have to indulge with some of the content.

What was great about it was that the dialogues were quite interesting .. this is amazing. Most language tapes have dialgues with no stor line whatsoever. This one had really believeable stories.

One was the monologue of a drunk - "Schau dich der Mond" - he would cry, as he seemed to stumble along the street .. and then talk some phrases to himself. They were quite lucid, and certainly not mumbled.

Another one was a mother and her kid (a boy) who keeps asking his mother for the reasons for various things, until she sort of start getting fed up (the questions are actually difficult to answer), and she finally blurts "weil Du ein bose Junge bist!".

I can't think of the others. Overall you forgot you were learning a language and were trying to work out the cleverness of the story. However, I would say it's especially satisfied to "get" storiues like that if you're learning. I would say a proficient German speaker would probably find them quite lame. Unless they were teachers of German.

I don't expect anybody here might have heard of this tape, with so few of the details that I give. I have tried on google and Klett's site but without harder details, it's impossible. It requires that I ask somebody who also listened and kept better records.

Thanks for your attention. Gruss Gott!

did you try www.google.de? important: german google. probably you'll find some more about klett and stoff..

Advertisement