Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about pay

Options
  • 11-09-2008 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I started my first job this year after the HDip last year and today was my first payday. I seem to have been paid at the unqualified rate even though I'm fully qualified and registered with the Teaching Council.... why didn't I get paid properly or get a degree or HDip allowance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sunflower!

i was trying to find out about this today!!! does it have anything to do with this probation year:(??? have you gotten a number off the teaching council already???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

sitstill wrote: »
    I started my first job this year after the HDip last year and today was my first payday. I seem to have been paid at the unqualified rate even though I'm fully qualified and registered with the Teaching Council.... why didn't I get paid properly or get a degree or HDip allowance?

Maybe the Dept/VEC don't have all your details. Ring them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Chasing up the Department ,school secretary and principal (each will blame the other but its usually the principal's fault LOL)to sort this out seems to be a rite of passage for young teachers still obviously...When I started out the cheeky ********* gave you an 'advance' (of a few hundred pounds) on your own wages at the end of your first months work .I hope the TC arent sticking their messy fingers into this also ...hopefully you will be sorted out in a few months max (unless they are -and expect you to 'serve your probation' before you get qualified pay)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

sitstill wrote: »

Are you primary or secondary? Have your HDip results been issued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ciano6

i was in the same boat 6 years ago. it turned out that i had to get the TB vaccine before they would pay me the full amount. it took a few months but pay was all back-dated in the end. i think getting the TB vaccine depends on when you were born (something about some people having it and some people not).

• Advertisement
Advertisement