Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i work for a very greedy company (need advice)

Options
  • 11-09-2008 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i work for a compny in cork that is only interested in making money and has no interest in staff needs..they never review pay when a staff member asks, they are very reluctant when it comes to spending money for the company and expect to get business out of thin air...management is all un organised and you get the odd grunt for hello and if u have a problem they will say "u were lucky to get a job here in the first place and we are giving you a chance" this makes staff feel bad about asking for pay rises so normally people just leave. over 30 differnet people have come and gone since i started 3 yrs ago. im only still here because it is a 5 min walk from me and very handy. the big shots in the company swan around in new cars every year and put alot of personal bills on company credit cards and they just say to write it off as a refund to a customer. they are not paying any taxes on the cars and are getting away with this..is there any way i can report this?? they are a shower of crooks that have their favourite staff members who are reaping benefits unfairly over other staff members who are genuinely working hard.. i cannot express how angry it makes me..is there anything that can be done

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

i as work for a company that have there favourite. they get away with anything. if you ask for a pay rise it only goes up 50 cent at a time. the manger doesn't know how to look after the staff. i'm there 3 and a bit years. the amount of staff that have come and gone is a joke. i had accident there 6 months ago and was never looked after. was never asked how is was. never given sick pay or anything. haven't stepped in the place since june because he makes me feel bad and just looks at me when i go in. if you want a day or night off my leg would need to be falling off, the girls ask for it and get it straight away.

whats wrongs with these people

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If your employer doesn't look after you, leave. Simple as. Five minute walk or not, you need to decide if the issues you mention have an impact on your morale and your career prospects. Forget about the good of the company. You need to look after number one, because you can be damn sure that's exactly who management are looking after, first and foremost.

If you believe that the company are dodgy in terms of tax and the like, then you can report them to revenue. I would not advise doing this while you're still working there. I imagine if you contact revenue, they can talk you through who you need to talk to and so forth.
    If you're unhappy with a chance of being identified, then an anonymous letter detailing what you believe to be their illegal tax practices, should be sufficient. Revenue don't need any evidence to conduct an audit, they can just do it.

Companies get away with this kind of stuff because people continue to work for them.

Advertisement