Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MD Golf Norman Drew wedges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭markie4

Haven't used MD clubs in a couple of years, but am currently on the lookout for their muscleback forged irons.
    The majority of MD clubs get very good write-ups, particularly their wedges. They use the same shafts/grips etc as all the "top" brands eg DG S300/R400, and on other golf forums get excellent feedback/reviews.
    These Norman Drew wedges are all very low bounce, about half of standard bounce, so that is one thing to watch for, probably best suited to a links course, rather than a parkland where the low bounce might have a tendency to dig into the turf.
    If you want to nip the ball off the fairway then these would be perfect, and all reports seem to say they get great spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

MD Golf are a good company who are based up here in Northern Ireland. They make some good clubs which are generally well received.

So I think they are one of the better names outside of the big names who spend $$$$$ on advertising.

Oh and Norman Drew was a great local player too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Hi Guys just thought id chime in here.Iv a set of MD drew standard bounce wedges and I would have to say they are awesome.No doubt about it the ol vokeys are criminal compared to them whe you take price into consideration. Iv tried alot of wedges and only wedge that compares really is the Mizuno MP-T10s and they are like 90e a piece. And to be honest their is nothing between them.Im a unemployed student so iv always been scraping for gear buying one wedge at a time or even second hand so I was really happy when i found a set of wedges i could afford all together.To be honest im really scared that MD gonna cop on and put the price up in 2011 or make some drastic changes.Think that might happen if they become too popular..?!
    Also i told my uncle in the US about these and he bought the seve pedrena model by mistake.He as home earlier this year and i asked him about it and he thought it was an amazing wedge and he couldnt understand how it as so cheap.the seve model has a little grind on the bounce bit of the wedge(not sure what its called) like mickelson has grinded on his wedges so must be good idea i think.
    Anyway i think ya should give em a shot not going to break the bank anyway.And you ill get a nice supprise when ya see em spinning;)

Oh yeah and their IRISH too... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

k.p.h wrote: »
    Oh yeah and their IRISH too... :)

So where can you buy these wedges ? Can't see any pricing or online store - only seems to be some place down in Wicklow listed on the site for Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Kace wrote: »
    So where can you buy these wedges ? Can't see any pricing or online store - only seems to be some place down in Wicklow listed on the site for Ireland ?
    You can buy them from either of these Ebay re-sellers.... both got excellent feedback!
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/MD-GOLF-NORMAN-DREW-SPIN-MILLED-LOB-WEDGE-60-DEGREE-/160475421239?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Golf_GolfClubs_JN&hash=item255d149a37
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-MD-GOLF-2010-NORMAN-DREW-STANDARD-BOUNCE-WEDGE-/120558443115?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Golf_GolfClubs_JN&var=&hash=item61ca1fafde

The second one sells "standard" and the low bounce versions!

Hope this helps!
    MG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Had 3 of the Norman Drew low bounce (48,52,56) for all of last year on a links course, they were just great clubs, but this year i moved to parkland and had to change them (it took me 2 rounds to cop on that they were killing my short game). In short, great for links, not suited to parkland.

ah yeah im sure the low bounce ones would not be great on parkland.i have the standard bounce ones.i got them off ebay too so .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

MiniGolf wrote: »

And if you go to the Custom pro golf website, you can choose lower lofts on the standard bounce wedges which are not available on their Ebay site and still works out the same for the deal for two.
    http://www.customprogolf.co.uk/md-golf-2010-norman-drew-standard-bounce-wedge-9663-p.asp

Gonna buy two of the standard bounce wedges, currently i have a
    PW @ 44* and SW @ 54* so thinking of getting the 50* and 58*.

Would i better with 48* and 60*, don't know what combination to get so any thoughts anyone ?
    Also don't suppose anyone knows the 'Discount coupon code' at checkout on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

derra wrote: »
    And if you go to the Custom pro golf website, you can choose lower lofts on the standard bounce wedges which are not available on their Ebay site and still works out the same for the deal for two.
    http://www.customprogolf.co.uk/md-golf-2010-norman-drew-standard-bounce-wedge-9663-p.asp

Gonna buy two of the standard bounce wedges, currently i have a
    PW @ 44* and SW @ 54* so thinking of getting the 50* and 58*.

Would i better with 48* and 60*, don't know what combination to get so any thoughts anyone ?
    Also don't suppose anyone knows the 'Discount coupon code' at checkout on the site?

44* seems very strong for a PW, i would have thought thats nearer a 9i? my pw is 48 & i have a 52,56 & 60. keeps them spaced evenly.

• Advertisement

mag wrote: »
    44* seems very strong for a PW, i would have thought thats nearer a 9i? my pw is 48 & i have a 52,56 & 60. keeps them spaced evenly.

Is strong alright, and loft like that so ya buy their Gap wedge @ 49 * which i have'nt sourced yet as it was'nt included in the set when i bought it.
    Managed to get the 4 iron alright which is a fantastic club and just missed out on the 3 iron last night on Ebay.

Spec list for the irons are here..
    http://www.discountgolfworld.com/products/cobra/s9-ii-irons.html
    Probably just go with the 50 and 58 on the wedge front , prefer to have a wedge setup like your own but i ain't leaving any club out to achieve that, costly enough as it is !

Got a 58* standard bounce wedge with a True Temper Black Gold stepless shaft and golf pride grip.
    Looks the business and delighted with the results from it so far.
    Cost €66 including delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

American Golf are selling these, might be easier than internet.

Advertisement