Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

relocating to Carrick on Shannon

Options
  • 11-09-2008 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am relocating to Carrick on Shannon , was wondering if anyone could recommend a good area to rent a house thats within walking distance of the town

Thanks for your time:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

On the Leitrim village road at Hartley. There's vacant houses there (I think) and it's only a couple of hundred yards from Main Street. Lis Cara I think they're called. There's more new housing up Park Lane too. Park Lane bears no relation to it's London namesake:D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Lane_(road)
    Loads of vacant appartments on the Cortober side of the river too. the ones on the riverbank are nice, but some of them are just stuck behind retail units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

You do NOT want to live in Lis Cara!

There are no housing estates that are really central as such, but there is no shortage of rental property in the town. In fact there is an over supply.

Strange that someone is relocating to Carrick - it's usually the other way around - may I ask why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

work are looking for someone down there, fancy a change, away from traffic etc , whats wrong with Lis Cara, where would you recommend?

thanks for replys:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I used to know someone who stayed in an apartment complex callled Inver Gael. Was very nice from what I can remember and within 5 minutes walking distance from the centre of town.
    In my opinion Carrick is a great town and I always enjoy visiting there.

thanks csc looking for a house though have a mutt to bring with me:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Inver Gael is a nice riverside development, 5mins walk from town centre, it also has some town houses in it, so that might be more suitable if your bringing a dog, here's a link to one of the houses in it on daft:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=c23&s[a_id][0]=3012&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[pt_id]=2&s[move_in_date]=0&s[lease]=&s[furn]=0&s[search_type]=rental&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&id=568874

DNG Farrell (071-96-20976) appear to be the biggest letting agent for properties in Inver Gael. Other agents in the town are Countyside Properties (071-96-50555) and Bradys (071-96-22444).

Carrick is a great town, I always enjoy it whenever I'm there, good luck with your move!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

duckysauce wrote: »
    thanks csc looking for a house though have a mutt to bring with me:P
    The other half? ;)

no she threw me out lol:pac:thanks for links becah

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sthealy

Hey duckysauce..... i moved to dromod from dublin last year. its about 10 mins from carrick (and has a train station if you've no car), and has a public harbour/marina to go boating from!! Great pubs, neighbours are great...Best move ever! If you want more info just ask!:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tedstriker

Anywhere in carrick is fine to be fair. It's not like your talking about a big place. I'm from there but live in dublin and if I was going to go back I would live near the train station somewhere or perhaps in the town somewhere, there are a few places behind the post office that looked really nice. Anyway is good as I say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement