Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Sky Box in another room

Options
  • 11-09-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

So I'm getting a free Sky+ box through the 'introduce a friend offer' and I want to move the old box to another room.

After the quad LNB is installed by the Sky installation guy, I will run a cable to the old box in another room.

Once its set-up can I use the old card in the old box to get some FTV channels or is it canceled when Sky+ is installed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

You'll still have the same card with the new box, it gets upgraded by the installer/Sky at the installation stage. Your old Sky box will get all the free channels without the card, but no Sky channels. Best bet is to set the box to the UK epg, instructions are included in the stickie about getting extra channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I am having a problem with a friend of mine. He got sky plus a couple of weeks ago and he put old box into another room. Naturally the card was put in the sky plus. How do i revert to UK epg without card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

Put the sky card in to the old box. Then go to 501 sky news. Then press the red button. When the interactive stuff comes up take the card out and turn it upside down and then put it back in upside down. Now exit from the interactive stuff. UK EPG should now come up. When it does return the card to the Sky plus box. The UK channels will stay on the old box when no card is present. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Ta very much

Advertisement