Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Business BB down

Options
  • 11-09-2008 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Magnet Business seemed to go down there for an hour. From approx 0945 to 1048.

Anyone in Dublin suffer from this?

I have sites in Cork and Kerry that were affected.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Was speaking to my account manager there, apparently half the network is affected by a routing issue.
    I've switched over to a secondary link so not sure if they are back in action yet or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Their core network went down, and in a freak event, so did their backup!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I had sites in limerick cork and dublin, all affected. The main magnet phonenumber is still down however. The connection seems to be back up, i just hope it isnt going up and down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭shaner

Three of our Magnet Business lines are down here.

Can't ring in to the Support number, just getting a dial tone.

Magnet.ie and magnetbusiness.ie both seem to be sporadically down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 diagram

We have been with Magnet for two months now and their service levels have been spectacularly awful.

The quality on our voice lines has been poor at best, we consistently get complaints from the people that we are calling that they can't hear us or the line has static on it. We have been phoning Magnet every day for weeks about it and they don't seem to have any ideas about how they can solve it.

The outage today is a further disaster for our business. No voice or data for a full morning. This standard is just unacceptable - at least with eircom the broadband actually worked.

Are there any other providers of a hosted VOIP solution out there? We're trying to avoid buying/managing our own kit.

• Advertisement

shaner wrote: »
    Three of our Magnet Business lines are down here.

Can't ring in to the Support number, just getting a dial tone.

Magnet.ie and magnetbusiness.ie both seem to be sporadically down...

Ya same as that here. All magnets landlines seem to be affected too. If you have a mobile number for your account manager try to get them on that.

I thought they had gone bust or something!

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Ya same as that here. All magnets landlines seem to be affected too. If you have a mobile number for your account manager try to get them on that.

Yeah we tried the landline and the mobile. I had the same exact thought. Doesn't seem to be affecting offices up around Harcourt St area though... (was talking to my old manager and their Magnet lines seem fine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

*sigh* we have multiple customers down at present.
    LAME!

Also got my Account Manager.
    Said they had a Core Router Fail and the Backup didnt kick in.
    Issue has been resolved and customers should come back up now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Down near Drury St. We had a lot of grief with them before. Have to wait and see how long they take to fix this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mickelly

I'm embarrassed to have chosen Magnet as our broadband provider. they have made me look a right fool to my boss.

When they came to set it up they just dumped the boxes here and left. I had to do it myself. Then it took two months for them to transfer our phone lines from eircom!

Since then it's been outages and poor voice quality all the way. It's been a total joke.

The worst part about it is that they don't seem to care. I'm sick of phoning them. The people you talk to either pass the buck or don't have a clue.

After today I'm going to look at switching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

mickelly wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed to have chosen Magnet as our broadband provider. they have made me look a right fool to my boss.

When they came to set it up they just dumped the boxes here and left. I had to do it myself. Then it took two months for them to transfer our phone lines from eircom!

Since then it's been outages and poor voice quality all the way. It's been a total joke.

The worst part about it is that they don't seem to care. I'm sick of phoning them. The people you talk to either pass the buck or don't have a clue.

After today I'm going to look at switching.

This has NOTHING to do with our problem.
    Save your moans for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Magnet lines still down here in Galway @11:45am. Magnet Customer Care number not working. No response to e-mails sent. They've gone dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

We had gone down, gone back up, then down again in cork.

phill106 wrote: »
    We had gone down, gone back up, then down again in cork.

It's the new YoYo service I reckon, same here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Exactly the same here. We've sites around the country, all affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Come on - own up - who pressed the Booster!?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DrBB

I'm on the FTTH service and it seems that my line went down for a while at approximately 11:12.

Seems to be up now, don't have decent data as I'm at work, will keep an eye on it.

B

My account manager says the issue should be resolved now and remain stable. I won't be switching back from my secondary link for a few hours though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

We're back up 100% as of 11am this morning. Fiber is back and so is DSL.

DSL in Kerry and Cork working fine now.

Something about a switch or router failing in Magnet in Dublin and the fail-over not kicking in.

Our fiber goes down bi-weekly. Not great service...

exactiv wrote: »
    We're back up 100% as of 11am this morning. Fiber is back and so is DSL.

DSL in Kerry and Cork working fine now.

Something about a switch or router failing in Magnet in Dublin and the fail-over not kicking in.

Our fiber goes down bi-weekly. Not great service...

Cheers, i'll switch back to it in the morning. Have enough done for today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Our fibre here in Portlaoise never went down once today. The last outage we had was some months ago. Only been down twice since we got it, have to say its quiet reliable for us.

Advertisement