Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ box problems

Options
  • 11-09-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

:(
    Sorry if this has been raised before but I am looking for some ideas before i ring Sky and pay to get them to replace my box.....

a) my sky+ box will record but when you go to play the whole thing freezes, or it will play some then freeze, i think this is due to a damaged part on my HD, maybe you can confirm?

b) My Latest problem is now that the reminders do not work so i have to record everything, which is really annoying.

Does any one know of any fixes for these problems or will i have to ring Sky?
    also can you get a sky+ box with a larger HD?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fidelma :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Hi,

I've dealt with Sky a few times in the past about issues with my regular box, plus sky plus box. They're position is that the customer owns the box, it has like a 12 month manufacturer warranty but after that, it's the customers problem. They will try to do some troubleshooting over the phone, then if that fails, they will offer to send out an engineer at your cost.

HOWEVER, don't entertain any of this. Simply tell them (in the nicest way possible), that if don't resolve / replace your boxes, you will have no option but to CANCEL your subscription.

CANCEL is the magic word. I'd be pretty certain they will send out engineer or replacement box, free of charge.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭Top Dog

fi wrote: »
    a) my sky+ box will record but when you go to play the whole thing freezes, or it will play some then freeze, i think this is due to a damaged part on my HD, maybe you can confirm?
    Afraid this sounds like exactly what happened to our first Sky+ box. We sent it off to get fixed, and a week later were provided with a replacement.

Advertisement