Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2009 Champions League License Officially announced

Options
  • 11-09-2008 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/confirmation-of-man-utd-and-liverpool-licenses/

UEFA Champions League four year deal for PES
    Best club football competition in the world to feature in PES 2009 as Konami secures exclusive UEFA Champions League licence
    Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd has announced that its PES 2009 title will feature the UEFA Champions League following the conclusion of an exclusive 4 year licence with UEFA. The newest addition to the Pro Evolution Soccer series will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and, PC-DVD on 17th October, followed by a version for Wii in 2009.

The UEFA Champions League deal will allow Konami to use all elements and attributes of the competition to create an exclusive UEFA Champions League mode within the PES game. The licence confirms Konami’s commitment to extending the series’ reputation as the definitive and most realistic football series available.

“The Pro Evolution Soccer series is synonymous with football being played at the highest level, which makes it perfect for hosting the best club football competition in the world”, commented UEFA. “We are delighted that PES 2009 will feature the UEFA Champions League and look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Konami.”

“This deal showcases our commitment to taking PES 2009 forward in terms of licences and realism,” commented Kunio Neo, President for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “The UEFA Champions League is the jewel in the club competition crown, and is just one of many innovations we have lined up for the new game.”

Trailer: http://demos.pesfan.com/PES2009_CL_Europe.wmv

United have Anderson playing up front and Torres has got the same magic transportation skills as Messi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Thats excellent news, I'm looking forward to the game now, still going to be a close one with FIFA, but Konami know they have to make this one work

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

What no PS2...???that would be an absolute sham!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I believe PS2, PSP and mobile phones are all getting a release of PES, but maybe without the Champions League included for a couple of reasons: 1) to encourage you to by a 'next-gen' version and 2) they can't be bothered back porting the CL into the older versions. Just polish up the graphics and push it out the door again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

So when is it out. Have they sorted out the licencing for all the teams/clubs/stadiums and names or are we still gonna see players like Van Neeselroy?

My biggest gripe from going form a PS2 to Xbox 360 was that you could download an option file. It was the first time in the PES series that I didnt play the master league purely because all the names and kits etc were all messed up.

I hope they get it sorted this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

October 17th i believe is the date

The will have some licenses not all, though hopefully the CL license lets them license all clubs in the CL
    that said club names and player names may be seperate, who knows

however this year with the editing back, you should be able to sort the names with out too much fuss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Liverpool and United are the licensed English clubs. I pre-booked mine today in Xtravision and when I pick it up they will give me €15 of vouchers and a free football! Back of the net!!!:)

how much was the pre book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

jenno86 wrote: »
    Liverpool and United are the licensed English clubs. I pre-booked mine today in Xtravision and when I pick it up they will give me €15 of vouchers and a free football! Back of the net!!!:)

What? No free DVD? Cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Wasn't about much but now, for this I say... "ch-ssss!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

jenno86 wrote: »

Have to laugh at this have both Liverpool and Man U teams and marketed as an offical Liverpool product yet it does not have Anfield or Old Trafford in the next gen version of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea but who gives a crap about what stadiums are in it. its not like you look at the stadium when you are playin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭footballcrazy

I just dont understand why they have to make the unlicenced names sound so different to the real names. Take Man United for example. Can they not just call them Man Unitedd and put an extra d at the end of the name instead of calling them Man Red.???????????? Some of the names they use are way off the real name and its hard to find out who it is actualy supposed to be. Why Not just add one letter to the end of the name???????????????? Its Not Rocket science!

Well in legal terms breaking copyright is to do something or name yourself something which may be considered to be similar or confusing which may detract from the value of the brand name

each player is considered a brand, each club, eac stadium

each has a license

to name ryan giggs -> ryan gigs would be too similar and would therefore leave pro evo open to law suits

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

to name ryan giggs -> ryan gigs would be too similar and would therefore leave pro evo open to law suits

ah, remember the old days of Sensi Soccer and Paul Mince and other Man U players :D

On top - The screens and video of the Champ League stuff look great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Dave Heckbam. Neil Lemmon. Ron Von Mistelroum. Ryan Gigsi.

All classic fake player names.

Oh and footballcrazy, names like Man Unitedd would be copyright infringment. Can you not figure out Man Red and Merseyside Red? Its not as bad as Winning Eleven (Japanese PES) used to be... Liverpool were called Rigerloose!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well in legal terms breaking copyright is to do something or name yourself something which may be considered to be similar or confusing which may detract from the value of the brand name

each player is considered a brand, each club, eac stadium

each has a license

Don't PES have the FIFPro license, which is pretty much every player in world football?

It's easy to figure out who's who, the only problem I've ever had figuring out names was when they had the German league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Knowhere on that piece does it say that they have the champions league licence, it just mentions euro champs mu are licencsed and has a logo of the champ league on the box, if thats even the real box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

There are videos of the game with the champions league in it on winningelevenblog.com. It is in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Knowhere on that piece does it say that they have the champions league licence, it just mentions euro champs mu are licencsed and has a logo of the champ league on the box, if thats even the real box.

it is on the box art for the game as well. just because they have the champions league license doesnt mean they have all the team names who play in it.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote: »
    http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/confirmation-of-man-utd-and-liverpool-licenses/

UEFA Champions League four year deal for PES
    Best club football competition in the world to feature in PES 2009 as Konami secures exclusive UEFA Champions League licence
    Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd has announced that its PES 2009 title will feature the UEFA Champions League following the conclusion of an exclusive 4 year licence with UEFA. The newest addition to the Pro Evolution Soccer series will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and, PC-DVD on 17th October, followed by a version for Wii in 2009.

The UEFA Champions League deal will allow Konami to use all elements and attributes of the competition to create an exclusive UEFA Champions League mode within the PES game. The licence confirms Konami’s commitment to extending the series’ reputation as the definitive and most realistic football series available.

“The Pro Evolution Soccer series is synonymous with football being played at the highest level, which makes it perfect for hosting the best club football competition in the world”, commented UEFA. “We are delighted that PES 2009 will feature the UEFA Champions League and look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Konami.”

“This deal showcases our commitment to taking PES 2009 forward in terms of licences and realism,” commented Kunio Neo, President for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “The UEFA Champions League is the jewel in the club competition crown, and is just one of many innovations we have lined up for the new game.”

Trailer: http://demos.pesfan.com/PES2009_CL_Europe.wmv

United have Anderson playing up front and Torres has got the same magic transportation skills as Messi.

what the hell are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

what i seen last night just looked like a load of random quotes that couldnt be attributed to anyone. was late and must have missed some bits of it!

what i didnt miss is the fact that this is a last ditch attempt to save a dying franchise, champions league, whoopdy doo, there 10 years behind and more of fifa with regard to licensing and isnt enough to save it after last years debacle.

what i seen last night just looked like a load of random quotes that couldnt be attributed to anyone. was late and must have missed some bits of it!

what i didnt miss is the fact that this is a last ditch attempt to save a dying franchise, champions league, whoopdy doo, there 10 years behind and more of fifa with regard to licensing and isnt enough to save it after last years debacle.

1 bad game, which was still more enjoyable than Fifa08, and over 10 years of Pro is dead. Jeez.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

1 bad game, which was still more enjoyable than Fifa08, and over 10 years of Pro is dead. Jeez.:rolleyes:

In your humble opinion:p

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    In your humble opinion:p

fine - but it is definitely arguable.

and it ain't all that humble!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=HiJVHob6J9M

Link to Pes2009 trailer. Notice anything strange happening at 0:45??? :D

Rockee wrote: »
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=HiJVHob6J9M

Link to Pes2009 trailer. Notice anything strange happening at 0:45??? :D

People have been screaming for innovation from Konami and there you have it: Teleportation. Messi and Torres are confirmed to have the ability going by the trailers.

Oh Mikey's just bitter because he's not good enough to become professional Pro Evo player! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

People have been screaming for innovation from Konami and there you have it: Teleportation. Messi and Torres are confirmed to have the ability going by the trailers.

The strange event occuring at 0:45 is Robbie Keane SCORING. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Haha, exactly! I was little confused myself :p

Advertisement