Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots - Elec. beauty products 33% + 50% off

Options
  • 10-09-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Was in Boots in Jervis today and they are having a sale on electric razors, electric toothbrushes and hair straigteners etc. Basically all electrical stuff.

Its 1/3 and 1/2 off most things.

Picked myself up a fancy toothbrush for 60 quid. So big savings to be had on what is normally quite expensive stuff.

Hope that helps.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Anyone know if this is on boots nationwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got 40 euro worth of boots vouchers(pigsback sent me 2 20s instead of one by mistake...shhhh...don't tell anyone). great to hear about the bargains-will stock up on christmas pressies.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

shoutman wrote: »
    Hey
    Was in Boots in Jervis today and they are having a sale on electric razors, electric toothbrushes and hair straigteners etc. Basically all electrical stuff.

Its 1/3 and 1/2 off most things.

Picked myself up a fancy toothbrush for 60 quid. So big savings to be had on what is normally quite expensive stuff.

Hope that helps.

i saw some oral-B electric toothbrushes there for €16 alright.
    is that the one you got or were there super electric toothbrushes for €60 too?

just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

i saw some oral-B electric toothbrushes there for €16 alright.
    is that the one you got or were there super electric toothbrushes for €60 too?

just curious.

i checked the swords pavillion branch but they were either the cheap ones or about 150e! would like an inbetween model myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

150 for a toothbrush? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

johnfás wrote: »
    150 for a toothbrush? :eek:

yes, reduced from nearly 300 :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Am I the only one who is very suspicious about these "reductions"? Not just these particular ones in Boots, but these great "reductions" in general.

I have seen a number of bargain threads that are not the bargain that they were painted. Just because the retailer says they are selling an item at half price does not mean this is true. Sometimes it is, and sometimes (and this seems to be increasingly so) it isn't.

Tesco seems to be a particularly egregious offender, for example its recent half price usb drives and satnavs. I'm also iffy about their half price wines. I'm sure some are genuine, but many of their half price offers are not genuine.

Caveat Emptor

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Well those Oral B ones which are now €16 were priced at €32 previously, and I have seen those €300 toothbrushes at full price as well, so I'm afraid in this case your suspicions seem to be ill-founded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

i was in boots in nutgrove shopping centre. the only razor electric 1/3 off is a braun one. i could not find any toothbrush marked down on price. is this a nationwide thing, and is it on all electric razors or just 1-2 things?

Advertisement