Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The jitters.

Options
  • 10-09-2008 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Of all the things I've done, nothing has fazed me like this has.
    I've been on the tatami with lunatics and I've jumped out of aircraft, but this has given me the jitters.
    I have read many times that book signings are a waste of time and effort.
    My books have been on the market for 3 years and I have never done a signing. That is about to change because on the first weekend of October I am doing my first signing at Borders in Liverpool (near John Lennon airport). The staff at Borders tell me that True-Crime goes down well in Liverpool and not to worry about sitting alone at the signing table.
    I did a recce last week to see a woman sitting alone amongst a stack of her books... zilch... fanny adamsl! Oh, Christ almighty, what have I let myself in for.
    Wish me luck guys.
    Chris.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Good luck Chris. What are the books you have wrote btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Good luck Chris, just be yourself and don't worry if there aren't too many people there, all publicity is good publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've jumped out of aircraft

WHY?.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

For the rush I'd imagine.. still, you won't see dlofnep jumping out of as plane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 chrischance

That's me Sorgan.
    Hi Mairt, I was an adrenalin junkie and like thousands of others I used to parachute for kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Chris you ll be grand. How many people have their own book signing!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

Try not to give it too much thought,and it will be over before you know it (NOT).Best of luck.

Advertisement