Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai owners Help!: Maintenance Schedule omitted from Qashqai Owner's Maual ??

Options
  • 10-09-2008 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I have a 1.5d Qashqai and both the Owner's Manual and Warranty book reference the Maintenance Schedule but it is included in neither. The Owner's Manual also points out that it's the owner's responsibility to make sure the specified items are maintained.

I was hoping that another Qashqai owner would perhaps be able to confirm if the Schedule has been omitted and it's not just me !

The references to it are on page 8-2 of the Owner's Manual and page 11 of the Warranty book.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't know anything about Nissans but my Honda's service schedule came in a seperate booklet from everything else - might be the same for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Car isn't a UK import by any chance is it? (MPH clocks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Screaming Eagle

passdump wrote: »
    I have a 1.5d Qashqai and both the Owner's Manual and Warranty book reference the Maintenance Schedule but it is included in neither. The Owner's Manual also points out that it's the owner's responsibility to make sure the specified items are maintained.

I was hoping that another Qashqai owner would perhaps be able to confirm if the Schedule has been omitted and it's not just me !

The references to it are on page 8-2 of the Owner's Manual and page 11 of the Warranty book.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Pop into a Nissan garage and they can give you one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 passdump

@ Stephen:
    The Owner's manual directs me to the Warranty booklet, but then the Warranty booklet directs me back to the Owner's manual !!:(

@colm_mcm:
    No, its an Irish Nissan (Km/h clocks).I am first owner.

@Screaming Eagle:
    Yeah I'll do that. I might try emailing them first. I was hoping to see if any other Qashqai owner's manuals had the same omission or if Nissan maybe updated them since I got mine in August 2007. Or if it is included in Northern Ireland Qashqai manuals ?

Thanks for the replys. :)

One question, am I right in thinking that it is standard practice to include a Maintenance Schedule in the manuals and paperwork supplied with a car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

One question, am I right in thinking that it is standard practice to include a Maintenance Schedule in the manuals and paperwork supplied with a car?

Yes, a booklet laying out the recommended servicing, with a space for the garage to stamp when the service is done.

• Advertisement

Zube wrote: »
    Yes, a booklet laying out the recommended servicing, with a space for the garage to stamp when the service is done.

I have the booklet with the spaces for the garage to stamp, but i don't have the list of items to be done and when. For example what millage the cam belt is to be changed at etc.

Is that list normally give to the customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

I have a Megane diesel and it's exactly the same engine. Oil & filters changed every 20K, diesel filter every 40K and timing belt at 70/80K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

I have the booklet with the spaces for the garage to stamp, but i don't have the list of items to be done and when. For example what millage the cam belt is to be changed at etc.

Is that list normally give to the customer?

No, I think might just indicate small/big service, i.e. an oil/filters service will be small, and a belts/pumps service big.

I seem to remember that my Alfa had a lot more detail, and even instructions on how to do these jobs, but most manuals prefer to leave it to the dealer, I think (at least Fiat/Renault and Ford do).

Zube wrote: »
    No, I think might just indicate small/big service, i.e. an oil/filters service will be small, and a belts/pumps service big.

I seem to remember that my Alfa had a lot more detail, and even instructions on how to do these jobs, but most manuals prefer to leave it to the dealer, I think (at least Fiat/Renault and Ford do).

Oh right- so it varies with manufacturer. Its not industry standard practice to provide the list.

Advertisement