Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlovian gets medal in para olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

well done to him is right,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Congrats indeed, he did our county proud. He should get a heroes welcome back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Congratulations, this is not the first time he has done his county and country proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Is there any talk of holding a reception or similar for him? Hopefully, there will be a public celebration of what he has achieved!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Well it appears it's not the first time he has won a medal. In 2000 he won gold at the time i was not a resident of carlow so cannot not tell you if a celebration was had but anybody i have talked to does not remember there being one :mad:

Have to say all in all i feel the coverage being given is fairly poor when you look at the achievements of the team. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

racso1975 wrote: »
    Well it appears it's not the first time he has won a medal. In 2000 he won gold at the time i was not a resident of carlow so cannot not tell you if a celebration was had but anybody i have talked to does not remember there being one :mad:

Have to say all in all i feel the coverage being given is fairly poor when you look at the achievements of the team. :mad:

Would have to agree with you there the coverage of the games has been rubbish, i tend to watch the one hour show on the BBC..Would like to pass on my congrats to all the athletes and the coaching staff and to all the families involved. Go team Ireland :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Fair play nice 1

Advertisement