Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cromwell

Options
  • 10-09-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

First part last night on rte. I thought it was very good. Lots of historians from Ireland and Britain making contributions and analysis as well as the usual historic dramatisation. Thought it was interesting alright.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I thought there would have been more drama and less historians. Good programme- informative but a teeny bit boring in parts.
    I envisage it being shown in schools soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Caderyn wrote: »
    I thought there would have been more drama and less historians
    +1

I thought it was a bit on the 'academic' side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Excellent program and can't wait for Part 2 next week.

Yep, they'll be playing this in schools for years and years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I thought it was a bit too drawn out but liked the talking heads. I didn't care for the actors though when they started spouting actorly dialogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

anyobyd distracted by that big cromwellion wart they stuck on his chin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good show. Will definately be watching part two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

Cromwells' face was covered in warts. His death mask was shown on some programme a few weeks ago and there was a particularly big one on his forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TvWatcher

thought it navigated very complex waters (parliamentarians v's royalists etc) very well. nice production design.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Very well done.Unfortunatly ill miss part 2 as ill be on my holls.Hopefully it,ill be repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,372 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

+1

I thought it was a bit on the 'academic' side.

I agree... When it was being plugged a month or 2 ago (whenever it was announced) i got the impression it was going to be a drama series, not a factual thingy... Twas good & interesting still all the same, will watch number 2...

• Advertisement
Advertisement