Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI problem

Options
  • 10-09-2008 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently bought a Samsung Series 5 Full HD 40" LCD. I also got a Samsung dvd player (DVD-F1080) for upscalling.

I have a HDMI cable running from the DVD player to HDMI 1 on the tv. The quality generaly is perfect.

The only problem is on some dvds where there is alot of wide shots and zooms, those shots look slightly sped up.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

I don't think it's a HDMI issue. It's more likely a consequence of the LCD TVs response time and the upscaled video. How long do you have this setup and how far away from the TV do you sit?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭birofunk

I only set the tv up over the weekend (and there is still 3 other HDMI slots i can check). I sit a decent distance away from the tv..about 2-3 metres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

I'm prretty sure it's not HDMI then. You just need to get used to the new setup, I'd a similar issue when I bought the same knind of setup having moved from a flat screen CRT to a LCD. If you are upscaling DVDs ttry turning that off. How is regular (Digital) TV?

You need to sit as far away as possible from the TV and get used to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Is Samsung 5 Series a 100Hz screen. This particular tech doubles frames and can give a very unnatural speed up look to films.

Advertisement