Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber/electrician for pump shower repair

Options
  • 10-09-2008 12:46pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've an electric pump shower that runs off the hot tank, but is only pumping hot water, too hot to shower in! Anyone know of a good plumber/sparky in Galway who is good at this kind of thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Your thermostat is gone most likely.

You'll need a guy called Joe Flaherty to fix it, he's in the book, agent for shower repairs, the companies use him themselves for their repairs.

Hope this helps. He is good and fairly reasonable as I remember!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Cheers, will give him a try!

EDIT: Um, Joe Flaherty passed away last year - so for anyone ringing them don't ask for Joe! They are still in business however as Flaherty Showers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

sounds like the filter needs to be cleaned, if it goes from cold to hot and vice-versa then its probably the filter, clean it and see if that fixes it.
    post hear explains what to do http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=36821

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Zzippy wrote: »
    Cheers, will give him a try!

EDIT: Um, Joe Flaherty passed away last year - so for anyone ringing them don't ask for Joe! They are still in business however as Flaherty Showers

:o:o:o

Sorry,I haven't had any shower trouble for the past 18months or so, more maybe, I didn't realise!!

God, that must have been mortifying!!

Apologies:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You'll need a guy called Joe Flaherty to fix it, he's in the book, agent for shower repairs, the companies use him themselves for their repairs.

Hope this helps. He is good and fairly reasonable as I remember!

I knew Joe and he was a lovely man.
    Just one word to the wise on the business front however is that that company is quite expensive. I think it's 65 for the call out alone...then everything else is extra. I know this because I paid E70.00 to have a washer changed on my shower last year.Took exactly one minute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement