Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Draught Bottles - Cork?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 12:34pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm have fierce difficulty tracking down Guinness Draught in a bottle in Cork. Anyone know what the story is? Where I can find it? Tescos in Wilton, and Dunness in Ballincollig, used to stock it. But I've been all over Cork and it seems to be completely mia.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Try the 'Abbots Ale House', its on Devonshire St., near Coburg St.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I just rang them, no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Kev, why do you even want Guinness in bottle...? It's horrible :p

Next time im driving down to cork i'll bring you some.

Lies, it's class! So damn tastey, possibly because it keeps the cold better. Got addicted to it in the States. I think I'm out of luck for this in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

I believe it was taken off the market by diageo, certainly within supervalu,superquinn,tesco and dunnes throughout Ireland. Very poor seller, pissing off a lot of retailers by going out of date constantly.

• Advertisement

I'd believe it's a poor seller alright. I don't think it's off the market though, unless the guy that emailed me from Diageo doesn't know his arse from his elbow, which wouldn't really surprise me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Tazzle are you able to get Beamish in bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

I got a few bottles of Guinnes Export when i was last in Newry (Sainsburys) it was yummy, i'm sorry i didnt get more of it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If the Abbot's Alehouse don't have it - I dunno what offie will. Maybe try Bradley's on North Main Street.

But if you want a large one in the pub you won't do better than Callanans on Georges Quay. Beautiful pub and pint bottles in the fridge and on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bebra

I'm off to Cork City in a few weeks and I'd like to know in which pubs I might find pint bottles of Guinness Extra Stout or pint bottles of Smithwicks (rare, if not extinct, in Dublin) . I'd settle for a similar brew to Guinness Extra, not sure if Murphys or Beamish do one. Nothin' on either website. Unless you Corkonians are keeping something secret?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Try the Bierhaus on Popes Quay it sells O' Hara's stout on tap, far superior to Guinness IMO and around 70 other beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Bradleys on North Main st sell O'Haras Irish Stout in bottles.
    I tried it this weekend for the first time and I was well impressed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

you can get Guinness Stout in bottles, or the Foreign extra, but I think the Draught bottles were discontinued a few years ago. They were really slow & cans outsold them.
    we haven't seen them in the trade in a long time anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Pint bottle of Guinness best drink ever :) I used to drink it, if you drank it straight out of the bottle you would get drunk quicker than if you were drinking pints also you would never get a hangover from it. I was at a wedding in Molly Darceys in Killarney a few years ago I asked the young fella behind the bar if he had any pint bottles of Guinness he said that they got rid of bottles years ago, so I said to him with the sh1t pints you have been pulling there all night they would want to bring them back.

Calanan's, George's quay that I mentioned earlier is the only pub I can think of that would have both Guinness and Smithwicks in large bottles beautiful pub but doesn't open till after 7.

You'll get pint bottles of Guinness in The Corner house and Sin É, both on Coburg Street and The Abbot's, just down the Street from them on Devonshire Street. Sin É also has Black Rock Stout in bottles and possibly The Corner House too.
    The Bierhaus on Popes Quay has Guinness and Black Rock in bottles and you can keep going along the river to The Franciscan Well on The North Mall for a pint of Shandon Stout.

The Mutton Lane Inn, off St. Patrick Street should have Guinness in bottle and is worth a look too.

The Oval on South Main Street/Tuckey Street is also a lovely pub and should have both Black Rock and Guinness bottles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Calanan's, George's quay that I mentioned earlier is the only pub I can think of that would have both Guinness and Smithwicks in large bottles beautiful pub but doesn't open till after 7.

You'll get pint bottles of Guinness in The Corner house and Sin É, both on Coburg Street and The Abbot's, just down the Street from them on Devonshire Street. Sin É also has Black Rock Stout in bottles and possibly The Corner House too.
    The Bierhaus on Popes Quay has Guinness and Black Rock in bottles and you can keep going along the river to The Franciscan Well on The North Mall for a pint of Shandon Stout.

The Mutton Lane Inn, off St. Patrick Street should have Guinness in bottle and is worth a look too.

The Oval on South Main Street/Tuckey Street is also a lovely pub and should have both Black Rock and Guinness bottles.

but can you get the bottles in Draught? the bottled stout is available no problem, but I am pretty sure the draught bottles were discontinued a few years ago??

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    but can you get the bottles in Draught? the bottled stout is available no problem, but I am pretty sure the draught bottles were discontinued a few years ago??

I was responding to Bebra.
    Don't think draught bottles exist anymore.

Advertisement