Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Starter Motor Gone. Mondeo. How Much Am I Looking At?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Starter's gone in my 02 2.0 TDI Mondeo. Waiting on word back on the cost, but don't want to get anally violated.

Any body any rough ideas on what I'll be looking at for the part and having it fitted?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Ay Cee wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Starter's gone in my 02 2.0 TDI Mondeo. Waiting on word back on the cost, but don't want to get anally violated.

Any body any rough ideas on what I'll be looking at for the part and having it fitted?

Thanks in advance.

The problem with your car type and the particular starter and clutch assembly you have is that the starter motors on the Ford Mondeo gets clogged up with dust fibres from the clutch disc lining material. This usually means that your clutch is nearing end of life if you have starter problems on a Mondeo, although not always, so don't worry just yet!

I know of one indy who had a problem with a starter on a Mondeo and replaced it and the car was back within a few weeks for another starter and in the end he ended up having to replace the clutch as the new starters he was fitting couldn't keep up with the dust coming from the clutch being on its last legs. The mechanic got hit for the cost of the clutch (he got a solicitors letter), so he won't touch a starter on a Mondeo now unless the clutch is replaced as well, or at least he'll give you it in writing that you should be replacing the clutch on a preventative basis and if your starter acts up during the next 12 months, you've been warned! I'd say you'd want to lube yourself up for a hit of 200-500 Euro, obviously depending on the service providrr, are you dealing with a dealership of an indy?

Advertisement