Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Sound problem due to new projector location!

Options
  • 10-09-2008 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

I am posting this in general as it covers a couple of areas, but mods please feel free to move it!

I have a normal setup of a Pio 436XDE above the fireplace with a Pioneer receiver AX4AVi with Mordaunt Short Genies.

Now for the problem, it is my plan to pick up a projector over the next couple of weeks and rather than projecting the image over the fireplace I was considering projecting it over the window and using the length of the room to get a larger image unfortunately the surround sound speakers are set for looking directly at the plasma over the fireplace.

If I was to project an image in the direction of the window which is to the right my speakers wouldnt be correctly setup as in my front right would become my front left ( if that makes sense!)

I know my amp can handle multizones but I dont fancy putting another 4 speakers up for when I am looking at the projector!

Any ideas of a solution to this problem, apart from directing the projector at the fireplace and accepting a smaller image due to the smaller throw distance!

Thanks,

Branners

Advertisement