Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mix and match skybox/dish to get FTA receiver

Options
  • 09-09-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an old sky box with no subscription lying at home unused.
    In my flat we have a satellite dish that used to be used for sky. The previous tenant took the skybox away with her when she left.

1 - My question is can i use my old sky box with the dish to make it into a fta receiver like the one thats coming up in lidl soon?
    1a - Do i need a phone line? a subscription?
    Bbc and utv would be great. is sky1 FTA?

Also i just had a look today and i was wondering if this situation is feasible.
    Our satellite dish seems to be plugged straight into the back of the TV. We have no satellite receiver box or anything and it the TV works away fine showing RTE and TG4 TV3 etc?
    2 - Is this possible?
    Now the wire goes underground for a patch so maybe the wire that comes out is like an ntl cable or something

Thanks for your help...

Advertisement