Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what does this warnign light mean?

Options
  • 09-09-2008 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have a yellow warning light on my car. It came on about a week ago (I had an engine coil gone which I got replaced) I thought it might be that but it hasn't gone away. Unfortunately I did't get the manual with the car.

Its a yellow light that is below the rev meter.

Its a Renault Megane.

thanks,

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Looks like a 'check engine' light to me. Unfortunately, it could be anything - you'll just have to bring it to someone to take a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Emission control?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

check engine - bring it to someone like a main dealer that can read the code from the ecu (computer)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭BrianD3

That's the anti pollution warning light, it is very likely related to the faulty coil that you replaced. Light needs to be reset. You'd hope that a Renault dealer would reset it for you free of charge but that may be a forlorn hope. Try
    www.renaultforums.co.uk and see if there is a "trick" for resetting the light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Don't mind all this talk of 'anti pollution light'... It's the Engine Management warning, bring it to a dealer and get it checked out.

check for yourself http://www.goodspeed-diagnostics.co.uk/

• Advertisement

On a Megane that is indeed an anti pollution/toxic fumes light. There is another very similar light which indicates an engine management fault, that light is red and has "stop" inside the engine symbol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Notch000

9/10 its for a lambda/O2 sensor in the exhaust that controls emissions and fuel injection. Its prodably nackered, not an expensive fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

the check engine light is standard across all manufacturers

VH wrote: »
    the check engine light is standard across all manufacturers
    Read the Renault manuals and get back to me. For the final time, the light in question is the anti pollution/toxic fumes light. If a plug coil fails, this light will usually come on.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It will be using the same electronics as the Nissans. Its an engine management light. When you get the coil replaced, was it through a main dealer or independant? It just more than likely needs to be cleared from the ECU.

• Advertisement
Advertisement