Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tutoring

Options
  • 09-09-2008 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have advice or information about becoming a tutor? I have almost completed my MA in Applied Social Research / Sociology and I am interested in doing some tutoring.

I'm living in Dublin but I didn't go to college in Dublin so I don't know the lay of the land with Dublin Universities. I did tutor once but down the country and it was a case of submitting an application directly to the head of the dept.

Any advice would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Generally universities will employ their own postgraduates as tutors, but it might be worth emailing the heads of department in the different universities to see if they are looking for extra tutors. I imagine it would be too late for this academic year though - most universities will have their timetables sorted out by now.

Advertisement