Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E46 query

Options
  • 09-09-2008 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what power does Bmw e46 1.9l petrol year '99 or '00 has and what s the fuel conspumtion of it? It s a 316 model.
    I d tried to google something out but i coudnt find anything clearly.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭zielarz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

I saw that, but that i found hard to belive that bmw 1.9l petrol engine has only 105 horsepower, my Rover 1.4 has the same engine output as what it says there for Bmw, so i just didnt belive that.
    I hope thats not true??:eek::(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Bobo78 wrote: »
    I saw that, but that i found hard to belive that bmw 1.9l petrol engine has only 105 horsepower, my Rover 1.4 has the same engine output as what it says there for Bmw, so i just didnt belive that.

Yea 105hp would be about right... the 318i, which uses the same engine, with slightly different tuning outputs 115hp. The M43 engine in that BMW was introduced around 1995 in the E36....

You might as well go for a 318i, if you going for a BMW around that year. As Tax will be the same either way..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Tax is NOT the same............sigh...........1.9 is a complete waste of....metal. about 28mpg commuting. Gutless. The car is too heavy for that engine - it was designed to have a much bigger engine, and the 2.5 does only 1mpg less..........but more tax, unfortunately......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 65,228 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bobo78 wrote: »

Yep it is true. The early E46 316i has 105BHP. Pretty pathetic to get 105BHP from a 1.9 petrol in the late 90s. It only has 2 valves per cylinder too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭kdevitt

A friend of mine is selling a 01 320i - but its the 2.0 version, so has decent power (150BHP) and lower tax that the later 320i (which was a 2.2).

Its a good option for a lower engined E46 as the tax isn't much more that a 318i, that said, the 318i is fine imo - my missus has a 316ti which is just as much fun to drive as my M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,228 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

galwaytt wrote: »
    Tax is NOT the same............sigh...........

Both the early E46 316i and the 318i use the same 1895cc engine. So motortax is indeed the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

unkel wrote: »
    Both the early E46 316i and the 318i use the same 1895cc engine. So motortax is indeed the same.

Sorry, Mea Culpa on that........I thought they were 1.6 & 1.9........hats off to you, so.

Still rubbish, though, and prone to coolant system problems.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Thats too bad cause i was thinking maybe to get one of those, but since it has such a big engine with such a small power output and is so thrsty i think i wont be getting one of those.

Even Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 is much more powerfull then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

On the 318i 1.9L combined motorway / city driving i was getting about 35mpg.

Had an E36 316i (1.6) and used to get about the same....

• Advertisement
Advertisement