Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The July price of Diesel Engined Cars

Options
  • 09-09-2008 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Folks,

Can anyone verify if the price of diesel engined cars have been significantly inflated since they initially dropped in price after the VRT changes?

E.g. I thought I seen on the www.simi.ie web site a spreadsheet showing the Honda Accord Sport 2.2d for €33K'Ish just after the VRT diesel engine cars price reductions a while back and it's now gone up to €35,895

Has anyone noticed any other price increases on any other (post Vrt reductions) ripping off the customer?

If I am wrong I would be happy to be corrected and will grovel accordingly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

Bee wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed any other price increases on any other (post Vrt reductions) ripping off the customer?

If I am wrong I would be happy to be corrected and will grovel accordingly!

Doubt it. One main dealer told me during the week sales are as "dead as maggot". He was giving generous cash discounts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Not for VW/Audi/Merc/BMW anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

i heard some dealers are giving away a free house when you buy a new car

Advertisement