Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntary work

Options
  • 09-09-2008 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys,

Im interested in doing some voluntary work. However, due to work commitments, i can really only commit to maybe maybe 2 or 3 hours every two weeks, and probably not weekends.
    The problem is that my job often requires me to work late evenings at short notice. Therefore, something that would not tie me down would be ideal- something to drop in and out of without commitment. However, none of the charities i looked into seem interested as they want minimum of 3 hours commitments per week.

Anyone else similar experiences or can anyone suggest ideas?

I.P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Can you be more specific about what area you want to volunteer in (ie what sort of volunteering)? Or are you wide open to suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrishPegasus

I'm pretty much open to anything (in Dublin). The only problem is the time constraint!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 howisitgoing

hi

you need to register with volunteer dublin or go on activelink i just got a place with a group who needs me 2 hours a month

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

If you register with your local volunteer centre, you can go on the "once off volunteers" list. That just means you will be contacted when a charity or group needs someone for a short time for a once off project - eg helping at an event, or doing a practical job like painting etc, or fundraising.

Advertisement