Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biological and Chemical Sciences

Options
  • 09-09-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Going into first year of this course. Just got my timetable today and it looks like there is ALOT of lectures and at awkward times too. And 9am ones every morning!? What is everyone else's experience with this course? Is better than it looks?

Also on the sheet attached to the timetable it says "practicals - times to be announced at lectures". Does this mean there is more to come still :eek: !?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

I'm going into 3rd year of this course.The course is one of the busiest of all the courses in first year!Yep, 9am lectures every day...though from what I remember you'll have some 10/11am starts after Christmas.

Unfortunately, there is more to come:eek:.You'll have labs in biology,chemistry and physics.Labs are 3 hours long.Chem labs are every week,physics labs every 2nd week and biology labs are are on (I think) 3 out of 4 weeks.You'll also have tutorials which mightn't be on the timetable yet.My physics tutorial was on at 6pm:eek:.

Don't be put off,it is a good course.Loads of people drop out in the first few weeks but if you end up feeling you've chosen the wrong course I'd recommend giving it till Christmas at least as you do settle in!

Advertisement