Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Desperatly looking for a mechanic

Options
  • 09-09-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi , I am desperately looking for a mechanic that can replace a bent Driveshaft(s) on a Pug 406 somewhere southside of the Dublin.. Pref as near to Dundum as possible as the Vibration is pretty bad & worried about doing damage driving it any distance..

Please Please if anyone knows of someone reasonable.. could they post. I'm stranded from seeing my daughter until I can get it repaired.

Thanks

Bob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Hi , I am desperately looking for a mechanic that can replace a bent Driveshaft(s) on a Pug 406 somewhere southside of the Dublin.. Pref as near to Dundum as possible as the Vibration is pretty bad & worried about doing damage driving it any distance..

Please Please if anyone knows of someone reasonable.. could they post. I'm stranded from seeing my daughter until I can get it repaired.

Thanks

Bob

Are you sure its a bent driveshaft? Not trolling, just this could be one of a variety of problems... Who diagnosed this prob for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

A guy in Mulvey Park up in Windy Arbour had a look at it for me. Sorry he didn't say the shafts were bent , just that there was something wrong with them..
    The vibration is very bad when in gear. It goes when you dip the clutch.
    It feels like the whole front end is wobbling from side to side.
    The Car recently had a Balljoint and Track rod end replaced ready for NCT ( down in Wexford ) and I know the Mechanic had problems as the driveshaft popped out and he had hell getting it all back in.. well that's what was said to me. I wonder if it was damaged at that point as I drove it a week and then this just suddenly started on a long run.

To be honest, I just want to take it somewhere local to someone knowlegeable and able & get it done ASAP as my daughter lives in Wexford so need my wheels to do that journey. Just wondered if anyone knew anyone who could do the job. I can get the parts just need the job done

Bob

Advertisement