Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technomate 3100d

Options
  • 09-09-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

hi just a quick question: how do you do about loading the updates after downloading them from the technomate website? i have cables connected just want to know what to do next.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Am I right in thinking that the 3100 doesn't have a USB port?

If not, you'll need a nullmodem cable and loader software (which should be on the TM website).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 devoidsolid

Yes only the Technomate 3500 has a usb port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

i have the null modem cable and i think i have the loder software got it off the website, just want to know what to do because when i load it up and have it all set up it says that it transfering for over an hour...am i supposed to turn off the box and let it run or what?

yes it has no usb connection.

byte

It should be explained in the manual.

I have manual for TM1000 series here, and Id expect process to be teh same.

Before anything, it shuold be possible to upload channel data, etc to your PC. The backup could be useful for later...

Switch off receiver, and connect nullmodem cable.
    Fire up TMLoader, and Browse to select the software that you downloaded (.stb)
    Switch on receiver
    Click Connect on TMLoader, then Start.
    Downloading status will be displayed. Wait until it is 100% finished.
    When it has finished, switch off box, and remove null cable
    A Factory Reset is required when you switch back on. This will presumably wipe out your channel lists too, which is why I suggest backing up such stuff beforehand.

under software it looks for a .bin file which i have, does it take so long to transfer?

• Advertisement
    byte

No more than a minute or so, I reckon.

When I used to update my old TM1500, it took about 30secs.

thanks for the help i have decided not to upgrade it because being at 28E it wont do anything

Advertisement