Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water testing for TDS

Options
  • 09-09-2008 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

:confused:
    There's a shower (forgive the pun) going around Navan testing the water, it's a private company but I'm not sure what they're testing for unsure2.gif water quality is generally good.
    They called me last evening saying that dissolved solids were high in the sample I gave them and that they wanted to do some further testing.

Does anyone have experience of this? Sounds like a (bad/dodgy) sales pitch to me but I agreed to the second call out of curiosity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭SeanW

* legal disclaimer * I cannot speak for this organisation in particular, but:

a friend of my mothers, who's a little bit on the trusting side, got taken by something similar, forget the exact details but IIRC their water supply went South real fast after the visit, i think they ended up paying someone in Galway a heap of money for little or nothing.

If I were you, and satisfied with the quality of the water supply, I would be very much inclined to leave it at that. Just to be on the safe side, I would recommend cancelling this company's visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

jaycen wrote: »
    :confused:
    There's a shower (forgive the pun) going around Navan testing the water, it's a private company but I'm not sure what they're testing for unsure2.gif water quality is generally good.
    They called me last evening saying that dissolved solids were high in the sample I gave them and that they wanted to do some further testing.

Does anyone have experience of this? Sounds like a (bad/dodgy) sales pitch to me but I agreed to the second call out of curiosity.

This is an ongoing problem sort of the revert of dope testing where you provide a sample which is taken away to be tested and ...

I have had them here and being wary I gave them a sample of distilled water: came back 'bad'

As advised above don't have them back as... ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

*Interested Party* My industry

If you are concerned about water quality ask your council for a test report free of charge. It will come back ok as fit for human consumption.
    If you have a well get it tested at a lab, about €100

If you don't like the taste get a filter from a reliable company that can advise you of all your options. If they go door to door you are paying way over the odds as average sales guy gets €300 per unit he sells on commission only.
    Of course they are going to tell you that the water is bad and the "test" they do is banned in most european countries as it is a Hard sell tatic.

Advertisement