Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comag Sl 55 Slow to start

Options
  • 09-09-2008 3:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭

I have got a Comag SL55 set top box bought in Lidl about 4 years ago and it has worked great since I got it, but now now when I switch it on it takes up to hour to come on it flicks on and off before it settles down. Is it near bunched ?.

Regards Stan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

Sounds that way..... email Comag, their support guys were excellent when i had trouble. they offered to replace the SL55 even though I had opened the unit.

http://www.comag.de/

mj

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan 10

mjsmyth wrote: »
    Sounds that way..... email Comag, their support guys were excellent when i had trouble. they offered to replace the SL55 even though I had opened the unit.

http://www.comag.de/

mj

I have just done that, I was thinking as they are out again on Thursday in Lidl should I chance one again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

Well there is always that option. You may find a replacement cheaper online if you are willing to wait for delivery.

MJ

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sounds like it has a fault in the powersupply. Possibly a capacitor, considering it taking ages to fire up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Power supplys in these boxes tend to be unreliable, usually always the thing to go, but as said before Lidl's after sales support crowd are very helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement