Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Study in the US?

Options
  • 09-09-2008 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm just starting my final year as a physics student in UCC, and I'm considering applying to some physics 'grad schools' in the US.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with the application process, or is considering applying this year. I've done a bit of research on the process and know the main requirements for applications, ie GRE exams, references etc. I'm more interested to hear from any Irish students who might have applied or got into grad schools in the states, and to know how Irish Physics and Science students in general would stand on an international level, if anyone knows!

Are there many Irish students doing postgrad in the states? Do Irish students stand a good chance of being accepted with a decent application? I plan on talking to a few professors in my department about this in the next few weeks, to get their opinion, but it'd be great to hear from anyone with first hand experience before going through with the whole process!

I just joined boards.ie today, and this is my first thread, so hopefully I haven't posted in the wrong place and some members might be able to help me out with this! All replies are welcome! :rolleyes:

Advertisement