Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tinted Windows Removal

Options
  • 09-09-2008 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi There

I bought a car with Tinted Windows and I want to get it removed? Does anyone know where in Dublin I can get this done?

Thanks
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

chrisp2281 wrote: »
    Hi There

I bought a car with Tinted Windows and I want to get it removed? Does anyone know where in Dublin I can get this done?

Thanks
    Chris

If it's just a film on the inside of the windows you should be able to pull it off yourself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

http://www.tintdude.com/remove.html

Op - If you wanna do it right, read that link or else your window will just look like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I had a jeep with tinted windows and I just pulled off the film. Hard work and takes ages. if there is an easier way go for it

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

A 50:50 mix of ammonia and water sprayed onto film, then coverered with cling film. Heat up with a hair drier and leave on for a bit to soak in. Once that's done peel it off. Use same spray and some grade 000 wire wool to get rid of all the bits left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

a steam cleaner is supposed to be the business for getting tints off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

voxpop wrote: »
    a steam cleaner is supposed to be the business for getting tints off

Ive heard that aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

I've seen a friend pull off the tint and then scrap the window with a stanley blade. I wouldn't reccommend this the window looked some mess after it

Advertisement