Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball Alley (in/near Portlaoise)?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where is the nearest ball alley to Portlaoise or indeed in Portlaoise? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Trained Monkey

hey,
    There used to be a ball allay at fintans hospital (across from the prison) but im not sure if its still usable or even still there. If its a hurling wall you are looking for theres one in Clonad GAA grounds(second sign for Clonad out the Abbeyleix road) and I think theres a new one in Mountmellick GAA but i havent been there so havent seen it. If its specifically a handball alley you need, there are 4 alleys in The De La Salle grounds in Castletown village (20 mins from Portlaoise) and theres an older one in Killeigh village which is the far side of mountmellick on the road to tullamore. There used to be excellent alleys in ballyfin college but these have been knocked down unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

hey,
    There used to be a ball allay at fintans hospital (across from the prison) but im not sure if its still usable or even still there. If its a hurling wall you are looking for theres one in Clonad GAA grounds(second sign for Clonad out the Abbeyleix road) and I think theres a new one in Mountmellick GAA but i havent been there so havent seen it. If its specifically a handball alley you need, there are 4 alleys in The De La Salle grounds in Castletown village (20 mins from Portlaoise) and theres an older one in Killeigh village which is the far side of mountmellick on the road to tullamore. There used to be excellent alleys in ballyfin college but these have been knocked down unfortunately...

Hi, it's a hurling wall I'm after. I'll check around Fintans this evening on the way home. I heard about the one in Mountmellick alright, but hopefully there is one at Fintans, it would be much handier for me. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement