Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City - the worst programme ever for 'same character, different actor'?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

From memory and what other people have posted here

Never seen as many changes in a soap. Have the writers ever commented on the actor turnover?

Feel free to add more if you remember them.

Same character, different actor
    Noeleen McCoy
    Kay McCoy
    Mags Kelly (after one season)
    Dolores Molloy (after one season)
    Wayne Molloy
    Jimmy Doyle (after one or two seasons)
    Yvonne Doyle
    Darren Doyle
    Farrah Phelan (twice!)
    Seamus McAleer
    Ciara Mannion
    Dean Dowling
    Floyd Phelan
    Sean Cassidy
    Rachel Brennan

same actor, different character
    - Phil (assistant to Pascal) turned up a while later as an orderly in the psychiatric ward Pierce was in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I can remember them all except the original Dolores Molloy :confused:
    It drives me nuts when they do it. Most of the time the replacement looks nothing like the original. I mean, just look at Leo's son- come on !!
    The original son was tall with Leo's hair colour, he has transformed into a small dark haired son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

jos28 wrote: »
    I can remember them all except the original Dolores Molloy :confused:

The original Dolores also appeared in Upwardly Mobile - salt of the earth wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

its fair city its no eastenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monte Cristo

Not only is Leo's son, Dean a different actor with different colour hair, he's also now NO LONGER ENGLISH and he's about 10 YEARS YOUNGER!!! So when he's now trying to get Leo to talk about the affair that he had with Leo's wife, Sandy the last time round, you gotta be asking yourself, "Were you 14 years old when this happened? Sandy musta liked 'em young!"

What's going on with this show in the last 8 or 9 months? It'd be laughable if it wasn't such a waste of licence payers money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

No ithink the worst culprit of this is Home And Away they are forever changing the charecters in to different people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    same actor, different character
    - Phil (assistant to Pascal) turned up a while later as an orderly in the psychiatric ward Pierce was in

I thought Phil was playing the same character? He was a carer for pascal and then later was a carer in the ward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

phi3 wrote: »
    I thought Phil was playing the same character? He was a carer for pascal and then later was a carer in the ward.

Pretty sure he wasn't called Phil when treating Pierce.

Advertisement