Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wild camping south east

Options
  • 08-09-2008 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi starting this thread so we can easily get info on campsites and wild camping sites in the southeast.Tell us your likes dislikes and rate each site.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

camper guy wrote: »
    Hi starting this thread so we can easily get info on campsites and wild camping sites in the southeast.Tell us your likes dislikes and rate each site.Thanks
    Wild camping
    this place is brilliant its past fethard on sea.small carpark down some country lanes.Best get there early or late at night as people park along the road during the day. seven:pac: out of ten.

saratoga pub
    off the dunmore rd waterford
    carpark great views lovely beach shop and pub grub in the summer.eight out of ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

do they not mind people parking in the carpark?

isup wrote: »
    do they not mind people parking in the carpark?
    to be honest ive never seen more than two campers in their but there would be a van or two on a regular basis. maybe use discretion there is a lot of free parking facing beach, ten mins walk from pub along the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Do you ask permission before parking in pub carparks or do you do like our travelling cousins

• Advertisement

2 stroke wrote: »
    Do you ask permission before parking in pub carparks or do you do like our travelling cousins

I would ask if it was ok if staying at pub car park, but if i stayed in the car park further down the beach it wouldnt matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

camper guy wrote: »
    I would ask if it was ok if staying at pub car park, but if i stayed in the car park further down the beach it wouldnt matter.
    No need to shout. I just threw in the question as bad manners by some people new to camping is reducing the number of places that welcome campers. I make a point of eating and drinking in the establishments that give me permision to park. Its amazing the number of freeloaders, driving expensive machines that will park up without permision, bring their own beer and food, yet use the pub toilets.

Ahh i see, wasnt shouting poor two stroke HAVE TO USE CAPITALS TO SHOUT I THOUGHT!
    well i think you should spend a few quid if your going to avail of the hospitality of a pub or hotel dont think much of freeloaders. Think they are the exception rather than the rule.

Advertisement